Is there any way to integrate PayPal Standard or Advanced Integration?

Site URL: https://www.eightysixtuned.com/shop

Is there any way to integrate PayPal Standard or Advanced Integration?  PayPal's Integration allows for acceptance of credit card directly on checkout without requiring logging into PayPal.  I feel this may not be possible as this may require usage of PayPal as the shopping cart.  If this is the case, is there a way to integrate PayPal as a shopping cart engine?  As a consumer as well, at times when shopping from a public network, I would rather pay with credit card directly than utilizing my PayPal account due to privacy concerns.

https://www.paypal.com/merchantapps/appcenter/acceptpayments/checkout

Standard integration

Add PayPal Checkout to your product, cart, and payment pages.

When you put PayPal Exclusives upfront on your product and cart pages, you can increase conversion by showing payment options that millions of consumers know and trust.

With PayPal Checkout on your payment page, your customers get the flexibility to pay the way they want with PayPal Exclusives, alternative payment methods, and credit and debit cards.

Integration

Requires coding

Recommended for

Most businesses

Advanced integration

Get everything that comes with the standard integration, along with the ability to customize the look, feel, and placement of your debit and credit card payment fields.

You can also use our fraud protection tools to set up your own risk tolerance filters.

Integration

Requires coding

Recommended for

Businesses that need fully custom credit and debit card field design

• Replies 1
  • Views 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squarespace Commerce includes PayPal and Stripe for online payment processing, allowing to use one or both. You cannot improve or replace the payment options for Squarespace Commerce and so cannot improve the current PayPal integration.

You could add a standalone 'pay now' button from PayPal but it will completely bypass all the benefits of Squarespace Commerce and send customers straight to a payment form. As these transactions will not be managed on Squarespace, they won't use inventory management, customer accounts, shipping options and so on.

This forum is not routinely monitored for product feature requests so if you want to make Squarespace aware of your requirements for PayPal you should open a feature request ticket through Customer Care. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived