Add categories or sub-categories to breadcrumbs on products page

Site URL: https://www.cozybycastillo.com/

On the product page, category and subcategory are missing from the breadcrumbs. This is extremely frustrating, as this isn't a true breadcrumb if all it does is bring you back to the main page. Is there any workaround to show the full path with category (and subcategories if applicable) in the breadcrumb on the product detail page?

It now only shows:

Shop Home > Product Item

But it needs to show:

Shop Home > Category > (Subcategory if applicable) > Product Item

image.png.210b6337ca765158aeec85abd8ee2335.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

It is possible through 

https://www.cozybycastillo.com/shop/p/rainbow-crop-top?format=json

and access the JSON object

nestedCategories.itemCategories

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 18.37.39.png

Hi @releve,

It would take me a few hours.

I just sent you a private message

• 3 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 5:07 AM, JessicaCV said:

On the product page, category and subcategory are missing from the breadcrumbs. This is extremely frustrating, as this isn't a true breadcrumb if all it does is bring you back to the main page.

Categories are no longer included in breadcrumbs on Product Detail pages, but I've built a low-cost solution that will add them. It's easy to install on any Squarespace 7.1 site. For more information, see the Breadcrumbs extension.

For a review, see:

Product Breadcrumbs extension for Squarespace

squarespace-product-with-breadcrumbs-highlighted.thumb.png.f575bc20030b628c74592033b658d9b8.png

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.