How to accurately quote shipping for printful

Site URL: https://www.angelzplay.com

I am trying to set up my new store.  I sell paintings as well as products through printfuls integration.  My question is what is everyone doing to get shipping to charge correctly since printful charges different shipping for everything and additional shipping on multiple items?  Im losing my mind trying to figure this out.  Does every item need to have weight and dimensions added in and then hope for the best when calculating shipping through UPS for example?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey angelzplay,

I'm having a similar issue.  What you can do is embed the cost of shipping in each items price and then explain to the customer via the item description, or something like that, that shipping is included in the price.  This is the only thing that I have been able to come up with thus far.  It seems rather odd that squarespace hasn't added a way to handle this.  I have to believe that it's something they're working on.  I'm looking into adding header script that might be able to handle something like this.  My javascript is a little rusty, so it might be a bit.  Also, you need business plan or better to inject code.  I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Same (selling merch of my art through Printful).

I went through the hassle of creating my catalogue of items on Printful, connecting to Squarespace but haven't been able to come up with a shipping rate that doesn't either rip off my customers or screw myself. 

I think I'm going to downgrade my Squarespace account (not pay for the eCommerce tier) and just link out to my RedBubble. They handle billing much better anyway. 

#givingup

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shocked to see this still has not been fixed. The suggestions SS have given wont work for vendors selling multi-shaped boxes for product AND want this integration. 

Agreed, seriously considering another platform if this remains unaddressed. Too many others have this figured out but still nothing from SS to address the need to setup shipping differently for individual items. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey  @angelzplay @pog1983 and all!

I'd love to hear where you all landed. I'm researching the best e-commerce plan for a potential online store, made with Printful. Squarespace is what I'm most familiar with - but I'm curious to understand this shipping issue ya'll are running into. Can you share screenshots or explain the issue in more detail?  Is the problem that you can only do flat-rate shipping for any and all products? What happens when someone adds two products from your store? Any detailed info is appreciated - thanks! 

• 1 year later...

Im also having the same issue.  i already purchased the commerce basic plan here (for a full year) and cant seem to work out how to set up my shipping that wont rip the customer off nor put me in the red.   i've already created all my products with Printful and are ready to go.  but i cant seem to just have a shipping rate that can calculate the amount per product category and to which country its meant to be shipped to.  does shopify have this this capability? any help or advice would be highly appreciated