Custom code to reduce bottom margin padding on GALLERY blocks?

Site URL: https://www.cottoncashmerecathair.com/blog/2020/12/11/easy-holiday-outfit-formula

Hi all! I've searched for this topic but the only thing that came up was how to adjust the padding around image blocks, and I'm specifically wondering if custom CSS exists that adjusts the padding around entire gallery blocks. It frustrates me that when I adjust the padding between images in a gallery block (within the editor), the padding at the *bottom* of the whole gallery block also adjusts. I want the padding at the bottom of the gallery block to be the same as the padding on top. I've looked at my source code and tried a bunch of different combinations but I'm getting nowhere, so any help would be much appreciated!

I attached an image so you can see an example of the extra space at the bottom of the gallery block (sorry, it might be blurry; I had to make the content on my site pretty small it fit it all in one screenshot). I know I could use individual image blocks to achieve the same overall look, but all of my images up until a few months ago are different heights, so using gallery blocks is the best way for me to display them so they look the same size.

For reference, I'm on the Montauk template, version 7.0.

1813267705_ScreenShot2020-12-28at8_11_04PM.thumb.png.bc170657074b599bd7133012a2c65c1a.png

I snapped another shot of your website to make sure I understand what you're asking.

In the image below, the GREEN rectangle represents the padding. As shown it's 17px on all sides.

image.thumb.png.ec84f5fce4d54bb4cb7451d3498481f6.png

In this next image, I removed the padding on the bottom. Is that what you're trying to do?

image.thumb.png.29f728f929f4f311b50748a18f06f94f.png

If so, this custom CSS should remove the bottom padding:

.sqs-block-gallery {
	padding-bottom: 0 !important;
}

On 12/29/2020 at 10:40 AM, cottoncashmerecathair said:

Thank you SO much! I knew it was going to be something super simple that I kept missing. 🙂

ETA: I wish Squarespace didn't add the spacing between the images to the bottom of the gallery!

I see some pages on your site have very long content. You can consider adding a back to top button.

Also, 5 icons is not same line on tablet. If you want them same line, add this to Design > Custom CSS

/* tablet footer social */
@media screen and (max-width:900px) and (min-width:641px) {
div#footerBlock .span-4:not(:first-child):not(:last-child) {
    width: 100%;
}
}

image.thumb.png.dc75f1da943c18e73e130c447ac4ca27.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...
51 minutes ago, Iwan said:

Any idea @tuanphan how to increase padding under these buttons please??

https://jeanine-thompson.squarespace.com/potentiality-coaching

5 increase padding under buttons.PNG

Use this CSS

.user-items-list-item-container[data-section-id="62e24590fe55172ac4c1a776"] li {
    padding-bottom: 50px;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)