Ability to blacklist a customer from a client's store?

Does anyone know of any plugins or some other way to blacklist/ block a specific person from making purchases from an online store. One of my clients is has a problem customer...

Helpdesk said there is no built-in function to block specific IPs etc at this time. 

Thanks for any ideas!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a similar problem. It hasn't escalated yet, but I'd like to know my options. As of right now, I have them tagged to refuse future orders and I have internal notes on them. I plan to simply cancel and refund if they ever try to order again. I had to do this on Etsy once with a customer when for some reason I couldn't block them. That's my temporary solution but I hope that Squarespace comes up with something to help us.

Folks this is a tough one. What tools do you want SS to provide? Block by email address? Then the unpleasant customer will just get another free email address and order again. By address? They'll just get a P.O. Box. Phone number? Replaceable in minutes. IP address? Practically impossible. Just about every way you can think of to block someone, they will figure out a way around it if motivated.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 6 months later...

Hi Creedon, 

I would prefer to block someone by email. At least with by email I have one barricade for them to overcome if they are really motivated to buy from me.

If they are so determined and want to make another email account, than that is on me to manage canceling and refunding their orders. But PLEASE provide at least one option to deter an unwanted customer from buying from me. 

23 minutes ago, WasatchBlooms said:

But PLEASE provide at least one option to deter an unwanted customer from buying from me. 

I can't provide anything. I don't work for Squarespace.

I can sign up for a free email address in 15 seconds. Seems to me like it would be more effort to play musical email addresses than deal with the one you already know.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 years later...
On 8/3/2021 at 4:21 AM, creedon said:

I can't provide anything. I don't work for Squarespace.

I can sign up for a free email address in 15 seconds. Seems to me like it would be more effort to play musical email addresses than deal with the one you already know.

Maybe for you because you’re a circle member and online stuff is easy for you but for the majority of people it would be a considered effort to create a new email.

Does anybody know if Squarespace offers banning someone’s email address?