7.1 Not Respecting Max Width

I have a published site in 7.0 that seems to be working just fine.

I have recreated that site in 7.1, and it WAS working fine until this morning.

Suddenly this morning some of the content blocks stopped respecting the max width. Everything just bleeds all the way out to the site margins.

See attached. You can see right in the screenshot I set the site max at 1400 px and yet some of the content is still full width.

I changed nothing overnight. Just opened my site this morning, and everything was misaligned.

Anybody have ideas? Thank you in advance!

- Sam

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 11.38.51 AM.png

• Replies 9
  • Views 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a chat with support and the rep said it could be DAYS before a resolution.

This must be affecting countless people, pretty disappointed. The CS rep was great through.

Yikes.

Redoing every page sounds like a total nightmare. And, assuming this is fixed, a huge waste of time.

While I wait, I had to postpone 2 job interviews while squarespace unbreaks their stuff.

I'm definitely considering switching to another platform after this.

Mine's fixed too. I share your hope that it sticks.

Fortunately I have only one site on 7.1 ... the one which advertises my services as a Squarespace hand-holder and designer of beautiful websites 😂.

7.0 seems pretty solid but 7.1 doesn't fill me with confidence.

See also:

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Archived