Creating custom hover over widgets?

• Replies 2
  • Views 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MMEbyKiandraTrickett said:

The one thing I LOVEEE about Wordpress websites are features like this hover over widget/image style. Wondering if anyone has been able to successful recreate this with CSS in Squarespace?

Yes, this can be achieved with a few lines of CSS that target the element's :hover pseudo-class. For example, in the first screenshot they are simply adding a white background and a box-shadow when a user hovers their pointer over the element.

To achieve this on Squarespace, you'd typically apply this to a summary block item or gallery block item, but it will depend on the layout of your page, and whether you want it to apply to ALL items on ALL pages, or just particular ones.

If you post some more information, including a working link to the page you want to affect, the community can offer some specific guidance. 

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived