Online Store - Looking for Website Feedback

Site URL: https://www.royalcitylittles.com

Hi All!

I've been running my site for about a month and have received great consumer feedback but i'd love some designer feedback as this is the first and only site i've ever done. 

This is an online store and so all purchases are made through my site. I have instagram and facebook  pages that are linked.

www.royalcitylittles.com

P.S. I know I need to work on SEO more so if you have any tips to add to this, please feel free to do so!

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations @RCL87!

You're off to a great start 🙂

Great design is often about communicating more with less, and you're keeping it simple - so that's good.

However, you don't have any smiling faces of happy children - which a clothing seller (or in your case re-seller) needs to have. Subaru has branded their cars with the concept of "Love" and it moves more autos year-over-year than anyone expected. People nowadays are shopping online for the experience more than anything. Your job is to give them joy in being sustainable and stylish.

Which leads to: what kind of stuff are you selling? It was not immediately apparent that your site consigns and up-cycles children's fashion. That should absolutely be featured prominently on the landing page and be the first thing everyone learns.

Also, negatives are a no-no. (Get it?) "Non-Guelph Residents" is the literal first thing on your site (although not everyone reads or sees Announcement Bar info. Perhaps something like "Free Shipping starts at just $75 for orders from beyond Ontario!"

Good luck... and feel free to reach out with any more questions!

With ❤️, from Andrew @ SQSDesign
Need help building and maintaining your website?

That's all we do: custom blocks, fully-styled templates, product management, POD fulfillment, and more.
Reach out anytime, 24/7/365: 
📱
(628) SQS-DSGN • ✉️ Email • 👀 Instagram • 🚀 RocketSurgery Blog •  🔲 @SQSDesign

• 5 weeks later...

@RCL87 I see on mobile, product page show 1/3 over thumbnails. You can consider adding a slideshow arrows.

If you want this, add this to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* Product slide arrows control */
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
.ProductItem-gallery-carousel-controls {
    display: flex !important;
}
/* arrows background */
.ProductItem-gallery-carousel-controls * {
    background: white;
}
.ProductItem-gallery-carousel-controls>div {
    justify-content: center !important;
}
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2021 at 10:11 PM, tuanphan said:

@RCL87 I see on mobile, product page show 1/3 over thumbnails. You can consider adding a slideshow arrows.

If you want this, add this to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* Product slide arrows control */
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
.ProductItem-gallery-carousel-controls {
    display: flex !important;
}
/* arrows background */
.ProductItem-gallery-carousel-controls * {
    background: white;
}
.ProductItem-gallery-carousel-controls>div {
    justify-content: center !important;
}
}

Thank you so much!!!

• 2 months later...

Good job with your website, especially for being your first one! 👌

Two improvements:

1. Replace your instagram feed with actual products from your shop. Visitors are on your website to see your products. It you add the products, you can still have the instagram feed, but make it much smaller (one row).
  2. Make the navigation bar on top more narrow (maybe half of what it is right now.

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

I think your site is great. The colour scheme works well, the logo works and the copy is engaging.

The only thing that "annoyed" me was the instant pop-up to go to the shop before id seen the site. As a visitor, id be turned off with an instant pop-up, to me its a little desperate. But, if I had a little time to engage with  the site first, I'd be happy to be invited to the shop afterwards.

You can change this to be on a timer or pop up when a user has scrolled over a certain percentage of the page. 

• 2 weeks later...