mobile friendly but validation failure

Site URL: https://www.victoriandrawings.com/home/prints

Using a new Zion template , 7.1 platform.

Pages pass google mobile friendly tests at all times, but every few weeks one is then  flagged for needing validation.

faults listed as:

text too small

clickable elements too close

content wider than screen

Sometimes just clicking request validation  gets the page to pass, after a few days, now not.

See this a common complaint on Google forums, with very few solutions. Mostly attributed to google bot complexities !

I have not modified my page css and am at wits end as to what to do next

• 2 months later...

got exactly the same problem. text too small, clickable object too close. i made bigger text and more space in between objects - test with google - google says its ok, problem solved - few weeks later, the same google-message again. how comes? i thought sqarespace is search engine optimized? and also: the text was never too small, it was very easy to read on mobile devices. check my website: www.tiefschwarz.ch

• 6 months later...

Same problem here, google flagging few pages every now and then and usually the error goes away on its own. But now it is not, we are stuck with the 'Clickable elements too close together' error on couple of our pages... When checking Google Mobile-Friendly Test and Bing Mobile-Friendly Test both pages pass with both of the tools and pages load and visually look fine on mobile devices with plenty of space between elements. What is weird, we have a bunch of similar other pages which are not flagged.

Anybody was able to find a solution to this? Is it a SquareSpace issue?!