Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

10 answers to this question

This is one way it could be done. Put the following in Design > Custom CSS.

.header-nav-folder-item {

border-bottom: 1px solid;
  padding-bottom: 1em;
  padding-top: 1em;

}

.header-nav-folder-item:last-child {

border-bottom: unset;

}

You can play with the border style and padding.

This is for a 7.1 site.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

@creedon Many thanks for helping out with this. However, the code adds a separator between each item. Instead, I need to target a specific item. As you can see from the screenshot, I would like to add a line between "Comedy" and "Interior". Would that be possible?

Sorry I completely missed that requirement. I'd be glad to give it another go. However your site is now private.

Please set up a site-wide password. Post the password here and then we can take a look at your issue.

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

Second shot!

/* desktop */

.header-nav-folder-item:nth-of-type(12) {

}

.header-nav-folder-item:nth-of-type(13) {

}

/* mobile */

.header-menu-nav-item:nth-of-type(13) a {

display: inline-block;

}

.header-menu-nav-item:nth-of-type(14) a {

}

This CSS is very specific to your current menu layout. If you change the order of the menu items then you need to update the CSS. If you add another Folder Page and it has as many or more items then it too would pick up this CSS. In that case another way to target the menu you want to style would be needed. Something like .header-nav-item header-nav-item--folder:nth-of-type(n);

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon
version 2 of CSS, add mobile rules

@creedon It works perfectly and it looks beautiful! Thank you for your amazing work.

Would be possible to replicate this for mobile view? Currently, the line does not show with hamburger menu. I have a code that aligns the menu to the right on mobile, not sure if that needs to be taken on account. Having the separator for mobile too would be perfect!

I've updated my previous post with an updated version of the CSS adding rules for mobile. 

It is hard to know without seeing your site or knowing where you want the separators to appear.

Please give us the URL for your site. If you've not already do so please set up a site-wide password. Post the password here and then we can take a look at your issue.

Also please give us more detail about where you want these separators to appear.