Change padding of navigation links container in 7.1

Site URL: https://chiton-coral-83de.squarespace.com/

I'm wondering how to change the spacing on either side of the navigation links so it's wider? At the moment, the area for navigation links seems very narrow. You can see in this GIF that when I make the screen wider, it becomes slightly wider, then narrow again. Happy to use code if need be. 

GIF: https://share.getcloudapp.com/6quewQmG

https://chiton-coral-83de.squarespace.com/

Pass: pearler

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Same issue, I have been holding off on fixing the navigation for a few months because I was hoping this would eventually get addressed, but no luck.  I've tried code from this thread and this thread 

- but ultimately  - the only code that keeps everything on single line makes the links go off center. Super frustrating.  I would argue that most people want the navigation on a single line and not stack.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:12 AM, spaded said:

Same issue, I have been holding off on fixing the navigation for a few months because I was hoping this would eventually get addressed, but no luck.  I've tried code from this thread and this thread 

- but ultimately  - the only code that keeps everything on single line makes the links go off center. Super frustrating.  I would argue that most people want the navigation on a single line and not stack.

Can you share site url? We can check easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, vittoriaxdesign said:

Hi, the website isn't public yet....

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.