Zooming in and out

Site URL: https://www.growthsigma.com/

On my main page of my website if I zoom in/out using Google Chrome, the text gets bigger, but the picture stays the same size.  This creates problems with white space if folks come to my site and are on different settings for how far they are zoomed in/out.  If you go to other websites, and zoom in or out, all of the content (graphics and text), scale up and down together.  Squarespace says the issue is with Google, but cant explain why I'm not getting the same effect on other sites not hosted by SS.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Tim

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@tuanphan 

You have been very helpful in the past...curious if you know what is causing this issue.  It seems weird because if I go to other websites, they don't respond this way.  When you zoom in / out, the whole page zooms in/out,not just the text.

Hmm..maybe it's my browser...I have attached what I see.  For example, when I adjust the zoom setting on chrome up and down, I see the following:

1) Zoom out to 50%: the text gets smaller in proportion to the picture.  As a results, there is extra white space under the text. 

2) Zoom in to 150%: the text gets bigger in proportion to the picture.  As a result, there is extra white space under the image.

I have included a link to a website which responds the way I would expect.  I have also attached this as "benchmark website."  Regardless of the zoom setting, the white space under the graphic is always the same proportionately.  

https://www.actionselling.com/sales-resources/sales-training-techniques/

Let me know if that makes sense?  Thanks so much for the sanity check.  Thanks, Tim

White Space Problem.png

White Space Problem v2.png

Benchmark website.png

• 1 year later...
On 4/8/2022 at 4:00 PM, Iwan said:

@tuanphan hi tuan, could you help here too, please? when i upload an image, it's very zoomed in on sqsp...i need to zoom back so that more of the original image shows?

Can you share link to page where you use image?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 4/18/2022 at 4:41 PM, Iwan said:

No, https://jeanine-thompson.squarespace.com/about the top image on this page...

Try adding to Design > Custom CSS

[data-section-id="62384c7bfe6e105e05460961"] {
    min-height: unset !important;
    height: 100vh;
}

Or send to forum message

46 minutes ago, tuanphan said:
[data-section-id="62384c7bfe6e105e05460961"] {
    min-height: unset !important;
    height: 100vh;
}

Hi @tuanphan, thanks, I don't want to minimize the height of the section. I want the perspective of the image to include more of the head and neck...so the person in the image is further back, not so zoomed in...does that make sense?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@tuanphan I'm having issues with my client's website as well in regards to zooming. When it is zoomed in on chrome past 67% everything looks really weird and can someone please help me with this? Here is an picture of what it should look like and what it appears like when zoomed in. 

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.12.28 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.12.42 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.12.59 AM.png

Edited by paolog316
7 hours ago, paolog316 said:

@tuanphan I'm having issues with my client's website as well in regards to zooming. When it is zoomed in on chrome past 67% everything looks really weird and can someone please help me with this? Here is an picture of what it should look like and what it appears like when zoomed in. 

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.12.28 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.12.42 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.12.59 AM.png

Can you share link to this page?

Or send to forum message