Adding text/hyperlinks and maybe a png image on top of a gallery slideshow block

Site URL: https://www.mcmainsmedia.com/test-home

I am trying to create a homepage for my photography site that basically replicates what the homepage on nickpagephotography.com looks like. I want to have images looping in the background with some text/hyperlinks on top of it, and maybe a png image of my logo.

I spoke with SquareSpace support this morning and he said my options are:

1. Making a slideshow gallery block and adding custom css code to create the text and images

2. Making a blank section with a video background then adding text/buttons as normal.

3. Downgrading to 7.0 and building a new site where this functionality is supported.

I personally prefer option 1 as it looks the best, but I am not familiar with CSS coding and do not know what I would add to achieve my goal.

The page I'm trying to do this on on my site is mcmainsmedia.com/test-home , password is JUNE2020

If anyone can provide advice or the actual code I could use I would greatly greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 2
  • Views 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your /test-home page is not available, did you manage to get it done?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

I do not think that moving from 7.1 to 7.0 is a downgrade at all especially if you choose a member of the Brine family of templates. Brine inspired the finished look of 7.1. So option three is not a bad choice. If you have a lot of time invested in a site already then you can create a page, hide the header and footer with code and make it look very much like a 7.0 landing page, including your example. This would be option 1.5

Archived