How to change field descriptors on forms - 7.1

• Replies 32
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@GregLassale

DO NOT enable Developer mode! It can destroy your site and be very painful!

Is Developer Mode enabled? I'm grasping here.

It is possible could it be a failure of the SS backend.

Otherwise I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Hopefully someone else has an answer.

771916852_ScreenShot2021-04-04at6_17_53PM.png.224e808d94294a8c0dab2cdd1fc9d13c.png

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@creedon

The code does work site-wide, but not when injected locally (my site is bilingual and it has to be injected to the French contact form page). Not sure if that helps narrowing things down, but thought I'd mention it. 

Also, I couldn't see it before but did find a way to enable/disable Ajax loading through Design > Site Styles. It was already turned off. Not only does the code not work when enabled, but for some reason, when injected, the code also kills my navigation bar links (clicking menu items does nothing). 

I am looking for something similar. Right now we have a Squarespace Form that basically allows our customers to request a free sample. Upon submission the information gets pushed to the Zapier plugin and then creates an order in shipstation. (it is just a way for them to not have to go through a full checkout, since they are not being charged)

However, we have checkboxes for each product sample (they can choose multiple) The samples have SKUs in shipstation but I can't seem to:

1. Add in the right code so that every time the form is submitted a new order # is generated. 

2. I can't seem to assign the checkbox options a SKU number without the SKU showing on the site

3. I can't seem to find a way to remove the "Country" box under the "Address" form field. I need to add country as a separate field to accommodate the country code (making this a drop down).

If anyone knows how to fix ANY of the barrier outlined above please help. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I figured out a way to make it work via block targeting (on Squarespace version 7.0 - Brine template). I'm posting the snippet here in case it can be of help to someone else. I've never shared code before. Hope I'm doing it right.

/* Edit contact form name captions */
#your-block-ID-here {
  /* First name */
.form-wrapper .field.first-name span.caption-text {
    visibility: hidden;
}
.form-wrapper .field.first-name span.caption-text:before {
    visibility: visible;
    content: "your-first-name-caption-here";
}
/* last name */
.form-wrapper .field.last-name span.caption-text {
}
.form-wrapper .field.last-name span.caption-text:before {
    content: "your-last-name-caption-here";
}
// --------------- END ---------------

On 4/7/2021 at 4:46 AM, GregLassale said:

I figured out a way to make it work via block targeting (on Squarespace version 7.0 - Brine template). I'm posting the snippet here in case it can be of help to someone else. I've never shared code before. Hope I'm doing it right.

/* Edit contact form name captions */
#your-block-ID-here {
  /* First name */
.form-wrapper .field.first-name span.caption-text {
}
.form-wrapper .field.first-name span.caption-text:before {
    content: "your-first-name-caption-here";
}
/* last name */
.form-wrapper .field.last-name span.caption-text {
}
.form-wrapper .field.last-name span.caption-text:before {
    content: "your-last-name-caption-here";
}
// --------------- END ---------------

and use this tool to find block id.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived