Rating and reviews - YOTPO

Site URL: http://salixkids.com

My issues with the recommended options of Disqus, Facebook plugin, HTML Comment Box, and Rating Widget is that none of them offer a combination of text and stars. 

I tried to use a site called YOTPO, but couldn't get it to work. Their instructions included placing

<script type="text/javascript">

(function e(){var e=document.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=true,e.src="//staticw2.yotpo.com/ffhJAd8MPLIDiISOK4Ac7zqyKwG3bQ0tSdPmrYdm/widget.js";var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(e,t)})();

</script>

that script into the head tag of the site, then

<div class="yotpo yotpo-main-widget"

data-product-id=“product”

data-price=“10.0”

data-currency=“USD”

data-name="Actually, I Can Book &mdash; Salix Kids"

data-url="https://www.salixkids.com/shop/actually-i-can-book"

data-image-url="http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5e7e82b630df6e33f1198f30/5e7e84a1554fd6780a7b6043/5e7e8dd9075b346ec3b8eeec/1592345247299/?format=1500w">

</div>

this into the individual products pages. But nothing happened so I ended up taking it out. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 3:32 PM, TheMagickWorks said:

I was able to get YOTPO working on my site. There was a PDF file that I uploaded to the site as part of the process, and it's been working pretty seamlessly from there. I'll see if I can find out the exact steps that I took. 

The issue I'm running into now is getting it to connect, so I can send out the automated review requests after purchase. 

Did you have any luck automating Yotpro?

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having problems with getting our Yotpo reviews to show when the product page first loads. I have to manually refresh the page but once I do that, the reviews appear nicely. It's just that no customer is going to think to refresh the page just to see reviews. I also don't see the star rating widget at all. I tried putting the code for the star rating in a separate code tab than the reviews widget but it doesn't appear to make a difference. 

@DSTHBS

Please post the URL for a page on your site where the widget is located.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...

The bad thing about Yotpo is that you have to add it to every product manually.

I can recommend you for sure the best product reviews plugin in the market for Squarespace  called Wiremo https://wiremo.co/integration/squarespace/

With Wiremo you can:

- Ask for reviews from past customers (bulk)

- Ask for review from current customers (automatically)

- Moderate reviews automatically

- Answer reviews automatically with random answers.

- Open a ticket in Wiremo platform automatically when you get a bad review and solve the problem with your customer.

- many more...

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if it still supports custom integration so that we can add it on Squarespace. Or it is only on services where it can be installed as a app.

• 4 months later...

EDIT: Over the last month I have taught myself coding just to get this thing to work... and I have to say that it is SO involved - as soon as I find the answer to one thing, there's 3 additional things that you have to do... YOTPO support is OK, but not the best. I'm looking into other options because I just don't have the resources/time to make something like this work. (The main issue I'm having now is trying to set up automatic review requests)

Currently looking into a combination of Wiremo and Peach's for referrals/affiliate as an alternative. So, in my opinion, I wouldn't waste your time trying to use YOTPO for your squarespace site unless you are VERY familiar with coding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After over 5 months of research, trial, and error I was finally able to get YOTPO reviews live on my site. Here's how I did it:

A quick note: I am not super familiar with coding, so apologies if I use the wrong terms! For reference, I am using Rally (Brine Family) and am on 7.0

Step 1: Add the code into the header tag 

• A.) Go to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection
  • B.) Copy and paste this code into the "header" section:
<script type="text/javascript">
(function e(){var e=document.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=true,e.src="//staticw2.yotpo.com/###YOUR APP-KEY###/widget.js";var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(e,t)})();
</script>

STEP 2: Add code into each product
This is where i got tripped up because I sell digital products which don't have a SKU number... I thought I was out of luck! But here's how to find all the info:
  • A.) Go into edit a product as usual (this method only works if the product is live)
  • B.) Go into the "Additional Info" section and add a new "Code" block
  • C.) Copy and paste the code given by YOTPO:
<div
class="yotpo yotpo-main-widget"
data-product-id="SKU/Product_ID"
data-price="Product Price"
data-currency="Price Currency"
data-name="Product Title"
data-url="The url of your product page"
data-image-url="The product image url">
</div>
  • D.) Replace the elements with your product information and click save. Your reviews should now show on your product page! Here's an example of what mine looks like:
<div class="yotpo yotpo-main-widget"
data-product-id="item-5ea745a194933c5a20c3dd09"
data-price="75.00"
data-currency="USD"
data-name="Mens Foundation Patterns — Points of Measure"
data-url="https://www.pointsofmeasure.com/shop/mens-foundation-patterns"
data-image-url="http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a2825178fd4d28d140369eb/5deab49e36eb40203bff73b1/5ea745a194933c5a20c3dd09/1592261291486/mens-nested-foundation-pattern-points-of-measure.jpg?format=1500w">
</div>

Here's how & where I found each of these: (see attached visual walkthrough)

Open a new window/tab and navigate to your product listing.

Right click & choose "inspect" - the code for the page should now be showing

Inside the code:

• Navigate to the big block of text near the bottom, look at the top of that block and you'll see <body  id="item-#####" --> take this number (with the item-) and put it into the "data-product-id" of the code
  • Navigate back near the top of the code and you'll see a list of <meta property =" items, this is where you will see the rest of the items you need:
  • The "og:title" link you will see will replace the "data-name"
  • The "og:url" link you will see will replace the "data-url" (this is also just the url of your product listing)
  • The "og:image" link you will see will replace the "data-image-url"
  • The "product:price:amount" you see will replace the "data-price" (this is also just the price of your item)

Again, this is more clear in the image attached.

Good luck!

You can see an example of this listing with reviews here: https://www.pointsofmeasure.com/shop/mens-foundation-patterns

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 1.20.40 PM.png

Edited by POINTSofMEASURE
  • 6 months later...

You can try Judge.me Product Reviews. We are preparing to launch Judge.me on Squarespace very soon and looking for some early users to try out the extension.

Read this article for this installation guide: https://support.judge.me/en/support/solutions/articles/44002266545-how-to-install-judge-me-review-widgets-on-squarespace

Installation can be done without any coding and you can contact support@judge.me if you need any help.