Changing Main Banner Height - Hayden

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 11
  • Views 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I believe I'm trying to get the same result. I'm trying to make my landing/Welcome page to be full screen in all screens, so no scrollbars or blank space at the bottom. Squarespace resizes the width automatically but not the height, the image would need to be cropped as needed in order to be full screen and maintain the aspect ratio.

I've already tried several bits of code that I've found with no success.

Password: check123

Template used: 7.1 / Bailard

Thank you for any kind of help!

Ohio

On 11/26/2020 at 4:28 PM, Ohio said:

Hi, I believe I'm trying to get the same result. I'm trying to make my landing/Welcome page to be full screen in all screens, so no scrollbars or blank space at the bottom. Squarespace resizes the width automatically but not the height, the image would need to be cropped as needed in order to be full screen and maintain the aspect ratio.

I've already tried several bits of code that I've found with no success.

Password: check123

Template used: 7.1 / Bailard

Thank you for any kind of help!

Ohio

To hide scroll bar, add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* Hide scrollbar for Chrome, Safari and Opera */
.homepage::-webkit-scrollbar {
  display: none;
}

/* Hide scrollbar for IE, Edge and Firefox */
.homepage {
  -ms-overflow-style: none;  /* IE and Edge */
  scrollbar-width: none;  /* Firefox */
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hi @tuanphan! Thank you for the code! I already tried a similar bit of code to hide the scrollbar but it caused the language buttons not to be visible in certain screen sizes.
The bit of code you just sent still allows to scroll up and down using the mouse and doesn't make the image full screen, so if the screen size is bigger than the image it will show a blank space at the bottom, which is exactly what I'm trying to stop from happening. I hope this makes sense to you.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2020 at 11:08 PM, Ohio said:

Hi @tuanphan! Thank you for the code! I already tried a similar bit of code to hide the scrollbar but it caused the language buttons not to be visible in certain screen sizes.
The bit of code you just sent still allows to scroll up and down using the mouse and doesn't make the image full screen, so if the screen size is bigger than the image it will show a blank space at the bottom, which is exactly what I'm trying to stop from happening. I hope this makes sense to you.

Sorry, missing your email. Do you still need help?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived