Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to stop a blog thumbnail linking through to its own blog post

LaurenLeader

Question

Hi, I'm looking at creating a blog that displays the thumbnails and can be filtered by category but not click through to the blog post itself.

It will display lots of logos/thumbnails that can be filtered but I don't want the page for each logo/thumbnail just yet as we need to go live soon and don't have the content, so I need some code to stop it linking through. And so I can remove that code in the future when we have time to create content for each of those pages.

I've not yet built the blog but I'll need some code next week for when I do, can anyone help?

Many thanks!

Lauren

9 answers to this question

Yes. You can use CSS pointer-events: none to disable click.

If you share link to blog page, we can take a look.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Hi Lauren, easiest way is to use some custom CSS 

.summary-item a {
   pointer-events: none;
}

SquareKickerHi, I'm Nick Ippolito, founder at squarekicker.com SquareKicker is a No-Code Design & Animation Extension for Squarespace. Say goodbye to copy & paste plugins and unlock your creativity and explore a whole new level of the unlimited design possibilities without ever having to write a single line of code.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, AshGTG said:

Hi! I am trying to do the same things but super stuck 😞

I have the blog posts in a carousel but don't want them to click through either. I was also wondering if there any way to have the carousel move automatically as well? Thanks!

Here is my site: https://www.goodtimegals.co.uk/pub-quiz

Where is blog post? Can you take a screenshot? and do you use Personal or Business Plan?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:58 AM, tuanphan said:

Where is blog post? Can you take a screenshot? and do you use Personal or Business Plan?

Hi can you help? I am having the same problem. I want all of these news posts to link to external links—the titles do, but the images will only link internally. I tried inserting the CSS below, but it hasn't worked. Here is the page: https://www.lspff.org/news

.summary-item a {
   pointer-events: none !important;
}

On 9/30/2020 at 2:24 AM, AshGTG said:

Hi! I am trying to do the same things but super stuck 😞

I have the blog posts in a carousel but don't want them to click through either. I was also wondering if there any way to have the carousel move automatically as well? Thanks!

Here is my site: https://www.goodtimegals.co.uk/pub-quiz

@AshGTG
 You used the code: 
 #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1598303834359_46182 * {pointer-events: none; }

The * will disable EVERYTHING from being clicked or hovered.  including your "previous - next" arrows.  If you swap out the  *  for  a  it will only target the links in your summary block.

Used this code:  #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1598303834359_46182 a {pointer-events: none; }

SquareKickerHi, I'm Nick Ippolito, founder at squarekicker.com SquareKicker is a No-Code Design & Animation Extension for Squarespace. Say goodbye to copy & paste plugins and unlock your creativity and explore a whole new level of the unlimited design possibilities without ever having to write a single line of code.

On 4/14/2021 at 12:12 PM, Alexis-Reid-Design said:

Hi can you help? I am having the same problem. I want all of these news posts to link to external links—the titles do, but the images will only link internally. I tried inserting the CSS below, but it hasn't worked. Here is the page: https://www.lspff.org/news

.summary-item a {
   pointer-events: none !important;
}

@Alexis-Reid-Design
You are not using a Summary Block on the homepage, but a blog page.  If you want to disable the image thumbnails on this blog page grid design use.

.blog-basic-grid .image-wrapper { 
     pointer-events: none; 
}