Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to stop a blog thumbnail linking through to its own blog post

Question

Hi, I'm looking at creating a blog that displays the thumbnails and can be filtered by category but not click through to the blog post itself.

It will display lots of logos/thumbnails that can be filtered but I don't want the page for each logo/thumbnail just yet as we need to go live soon and don't have the content, so I need some code to stop it linking through. And so I can remove that code in the future when we have time to create content for each of those pages.

I've not yet built the blog but I'll need some code next week for when I do, can anyone help?

Many thanks!

Lauren

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Hi Lauren, easiest way is to use some custom CSS    .summary-item a { pointer-events: none; }  

5 answers to this question

Hi Lauren, easiest way is to use some custom CSS 

.summary-item a {
   pointer-events: none;
}

Nick Ippolito
Founder at SquareKicker

With SquareKicker say goodbye to copy & paste Squarespace plugins. Customize your Squarespace website with this full control design and animation extension. SquareKicker is a no-code solution for custom design on Squarespace websites. Unleash your creativity and design the way you always wanted. 

Until now, Squarespace websites have typically been made with either their pre-made templates or complex code. SquareKicker takes the simplicity and elegance of creating beautiful websites on Squarespace while seamlessly integrating the power for designers to build customizations without needing to write a single line of code and at a fraction of the time it takes to code.  You become the designer and the developer. There has never been a design tool that allows so much flexibility!

Get started for free at SquareKicker.com

On 9/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, AshGTG said:

Hi! I am trying to do the same things but super stuck 😞

I have the blog posts in a carousel but don't want them to click through either. I was also wondering if there any way to have the carousel move automatically as well? Thanks!

Here is my site: https://www.goodtimegals.co.uk/pub-quiz

Where is blog post? Can you take a screenshot? and do you use Personal or Business Plan?

You can send your question to my email to get detail answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I came back. Will answer soon.