Critique

• Replies 6
  • Views 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live with a musician, one that competes playing Mountain Dulcimer. My son has an indy/alternative band. I was a disc jockey and  huge Leo Kottke fan.  I say this to let you know I will be critical of any music site. I looked at yours. Make your logo larger in the header,  think about a back to top floating scroll button in a corner, add some pics of you playing in the gallery, maybe a video or two also playing, adds some personal touch. Folks love that kind of thing. 

Great site otherwise. Hope you sell a lot music. 

https://www.myrandomviews.com/

@PortElliot Great start on the site! A few ideas you could consider -

1. Fonts - I'd explore updating the navigation font to match the font you've used elsewhere, although at first glance it does look like you have 2 sans serif fonts being used in the body of the site.

2. Your logo is large & looks nice center in the navigation. I'd explore removing some of the space below & above the logo (looks like it's on the jpeg you uploaded) as well as splitting your navigation to the right & left of your logo. Could help even out the header.

Good luck on the site!

You've had a great start with your website. My main focus is always on the message and not so much on the look. 

I had no expectations when I opened the website and I had no idea what to expect. It took me quite a while before realising what the website is about. I think you need to be clear about what the purpose of the website is, and how you realise this on your website. You may want to work on making clear what the message is straight away when you open the website

Hope this helps

Archived