Create pre-order badge with tagging

On 4/7/2020 at 9:05 PM, TheArtisanStudio said:

I would like to add a third badge that would look like the "Sale" and "Sold out" badges, saying "Pre-order". I don't believe this feature exists yet. [I would like to add the badge... to display over the top of the product image both when in the groups of products and the individual product page.  This is the website: https://theartisanstudio.uk/ 

There's not a built in feature to do what you need, but it can be achieved with some code. Take a look at the guide I put together:

https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/adding-a-custom-product-badge-to-squarespace

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Again for some reason I couldn't see your reply until now.

Your guide is awesome Paul! Truly awesome. The clearest instructions to do anything I have seen for years. It took me all of two minutes to get it up and running. How can I thank you?

Something really weird is happening - the pre-order badge only appears when I refresh pages (same on desktop computer and mobile) and not the first time it loads. Any ideas why?

Looking at your code, and how it works sublimely across all of my product pages (I have three due to Squarespace's 200 product limit) I wonder whether it can be used to do other things across all product pages at the same time? Like pulling them to a single link (to make a selection on one page of products from more than one product page? Or tagging across product pages?

Edited by TheArtisanStudio
Issue arose after I wrote the first version
  • 1 month later...

Paul,

I am using (and LOVING) your Wishlist extension and would like to add a 'New' custom status badge to items as they get added to our site. Followed the instructions and the badges show up when viewing the product page, but they do not appear when using a summary block.

Thanks!

Edited by b_eddy
  • 2 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 5:43 PM, b_eddy said:

Paul,

I am using (and LOVING) your Wishlist extension and would like to add a 'New' custom status badge to items as they get added to our site. Followed the instructions and the badges show up when viewing the product page, but they do not appear when using a summary block.

Thanks!

Any luck on getting this to work?

• 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, TheArtisanStudio said:

The current code you did before shows the word "pre-order" below the product but no badge.

The code in my guide changes the wording of the 'badges' so that you can have custom names. It doesn't change the formatting. 🙂

As you'll have seen, Squarespace changed the style of their 'badges' on 7.1. Previously they appeared as small shapes on the images, but on 7.1 they are plain text, added below the product image. However, you can change this styling of badges with some Custom CSS. For example:

.products.collection-content-wrapper .product-mark {
  position: absolute;
  top: 17px;
  right: 17px;
  background: #444;
  padding: 3px 5px;
  font-size: 11px;
}

928473449_Screenshot2021-08-31at16_00_40.thumb.png.32ee71e375262d2890118cf1584fba2a.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...