User Generated Content Site

Hi, I'm trying to see if SquareSpace is right for my desired website, and to get suggestions for any relevant plugins/addons that might help me.

I would like registered users to be able to upload/post their own content to my website in the form of an embedded video or external website link, description and post thumbnail, with other users being able to give star ratings on these posts. I would then like to be able to create a leaderboard/rankings table from this information (similar to IMDB top 250 etc) with the user ability to filter search by popularity and category tag etc. 

It's basically a database of user-content with ratings and a search/filter feature. I've found Universal Filter for the filtering solution and a simple rating plugin for star-ratings, I just need a solution for the user generated content/posts aspect.

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Slimills -
Not sure when you asked this question. I'm looking to do something very similar- have my members upload videos or links  with comments. Maybe use a wiki plugin? I also looked into or an aggregator plugin.  Did you find any solutions?

I'm trying not to go to Word Press bc of the coding and self-support work, though it has extensive wiki and membership plugins.
Bc I may also offer exclusive courses to members behind a paywall I've also been looking into e-learning like Thinkific and Teachable.  Have you made any progress?

Upstreamdancer

Edited by upstreamdancer
typo
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you can accomplish this using a Squarespace business plan with unlimited contributors, each would  have their own log on, with restrictions you set. Combine that with analytics which tell you how often a button or link has been viewed as well as individual pages and blog posts. You would need to use those numbers to manually enter them in your rankings. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
On 4/30/2020 at 12:33 PM, upstreamdancer said:

Bc I may also offer exclusive courses to members behind a paywall I've also been looking into e-learning like Thinkific and Teachable.  Have you made any progress?

@upstreamdancer You could look into Memberstack which is a membership plugin to offer a course via a Squarespace site.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/11/2020 at 6:54 PM, slimills said:

Hi, I'm trying to see if SquareSpace is right for my desired website, and to get suggestions for any relevant plugins/addons that might help me.

I would like registered users to be able to upload/post their own content to my website in the form of an embedded video or external website link, description and post thumbnail, ... I just need a solution for the user generated content/posts aspect.

Have you found a solution for this aspect? I'm looking to do something similar, with non-contributors being able to post specific content to a single page on the site. Ideally this would be generated from a form - even a form on a password protected page - that posts the content from the form on a page, with a member name etc.