Adding a black frame to thumbnail images in an index

Site URL: http://www.augury.me/

Hello! I would like the thumbnails of my index pages (Projects) all outlined in black to add contrast against the white background of the website. The template I am using is Avenue. Can anyone suggest how I may customize this template with code to put thin black borders around all of my project thumbnail images? 

Thanks in advance!

Steph

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 2.29.07 PM.png

Thanks Derrick! Do either of you know how I can keep my page layout style "Centered" and have the body text on each Index page be left-aligned? So far in Avenue template I don't see where I can do this without changing the entire layout style to be Right/Center/Left aligned.

Thanks for your help. 

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Beaumont said:

QUESTION:

How do you create a thin frame around gallery thumbnails for the Beaumont and Nevins template?

Having trouble. The techniques described in this forum are not working.

Help will be greatly appreciated. 

See visual reference attached.

Thanks for reading.

Style example.png

Can you share link to site in screenshot? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 weeks later...

HELP!

Any super smart tech person know how to add border on image block?

I tried some CSS but only x3 lines of border/frame appear on image block? Obviously, I need x4 lines around the image block.  For weeks, I have been asking for help via squarespace, facebook and reddit forums, but still, no answer/solution. Support will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

See image attached below. Avenue and Nevins template.

css not working, x4 line frame.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 6.21.25 PM.png

9 hours ago, Beaumont said:

HELP!

Any super smart tech person know how to add border on image block?

I tried some CSS but only x3 lines of border/frame appear on image block? Obviously, I need x4 lines around the image block.  For weeks, I have been asking for help via squarespace, facebook and reddit forums, but still, no answer/solution. Support will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

See image attached below. Avenue and Nevins template.

css not working, x4 line frame.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 6.21.25 PM.png

Just answered in another post. If it doesn't work, can you share link to page in screenshot? We can check easier

Or send to forum message

Thanks tuanphan. Tried your CSS, plus other version recommended on the forum. Both did not work. See attached. Appreciate you trying to help. Any other advice, please let me know. Not sure what to do/how to solve issue. A border/frame on an image block should be a simple visual style/effect. For some reason, Squarespace is not allowing the effect to happen. Need help. Thank you. 

LATEST TRY.png

screen.png

19 hours ago, Beaumont said:

Thanks tuanphan. Tried your CSS, plus other version recommended on the forum. Both did not work. See attached. Appreciate you trying to help. Any other advice, please let me know. Not sure what to do/how to solve issue. A border/frame on an image block should be a simple visual style/effect. For some reason, Squarespace is not allowing the effect to happen. Need help. Thank you. 

LATEST TRY.png

screen.png

Can you share link to your site? We can check easier

Or send to forum message

Can't seem to do that I'm afraid. Guide for this?

Site is trial only. Need to publish/pay for guest password.

Other method to help?

Why is it so difficult to achieve a frame/border on an image block? Only x3 lines appear. Right side line is missing/cut off?

Being advised to use webflow or wix, but want to use Squarespace. There must be a solution.

Can you help? Thank you

1998407804_LATESTTRY.png.936c8908dc32bb6716042fdb7b5fcc2f.png