Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
_kate

Update image when corresponding text is clicked

Question

I'd like to have an image block that changes what image is shown based on which item in list has been clicked. In other words, when you click on the second item in a list, the image on the left changes to show a different image that is associated with that list item. See below for a screenshot of what I am trying to achieve. Ability to rotate through list items and corresponding photos would be nice but is not essential. 

My website is using Brine template. 

Thanks for any suggestions or tips!

874906434_ScreenShot2020-03-09at11_47_18AM.thumb.png.7c4e1753475e82929ea497cd51dc0482.png

2 answers to this question

Hi @_kate,

I've used the code from Image on Hover Collection (aff) for this with great results. There are versions for both Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1

You can search Google with some keywords, eg: jquery change image on text click, change image on click...

eg this code: https://codepen.io/mnosova/pen/oddBxR

To do this is a bit difficult and time-consuming, it's outside the free support range, so I just gave the above suggestion. You can search, test the code, and can ask more questions, if I know I will answer.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.