Gallery Block: Grid Layout: Enable both "Lightbox" & "Clickthrough URL" (Open Links In New Window) functionality in Avenue Template

Application: Fine Art Photography Image Collections.

I am looking to add both Lightbox and Clickthrough URL (Open Links In New Window) functionality to my Gallery Blocks, Grid Layout in my Avenue Template. Squarespace default is one or the other.

How it would work is that once in Lightbox view specific images (indicated in the Image Description "Write here" text area) can open to a new window where a series of related images to the image clicked on will be displayed.

Why? … so I can simplify my Gallery Grid Blocks/Lightboxes with less images by moving similar images to separate viewing pages.

How to Clickthrough? 1) Make the Image Description "Write here" text a button? (I like this best), 2) Add a small Clickthrough button at the bottom corner of applicable images? … you tell me

I'm a designer, photographer not a code guy. I would be looking for code to copy/paste somewhere and someone to walk me through it.

My Site: www.KeithMeehanCreative.com, select "Fine Art Photography", select the "In The Mountains” collection. This Gallery Grid Block could be greatly simplified by moving "like images" to several Clickthrough pages leaving one image behind in the main gallery collection to "sell" the look and feel of the shoot.

Has anyone done this already? If not is it feasible … easily?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Keith

• Replies 0
  • Views 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived