Prevent headings from breaking into two lines

Hi all !!

I want to write: "ASESORIA DE ARTE ONLINE" in just one line, with the same text style. Not divided in 2 lines as it is now.  I tried to explain in my horrible drawing 🙂Could someone help me  with the custom coding or giving me a solution, please, please? Thanks a lot!!

okkk.thumb.jpg.3c88d8006288304fcf2914013193fb7e.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @ElisaRed, what is the website URL? Also, if the site isn't live, set a site password and tell us what it is.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi! @paul2009 thanks a lot for your answer 😀 Mi site is not live, this is the url: https://grape-sheep-82lc.squarespace.com/

I created a password for my site as you told me. Shall I write it here publicly, or in private with you?

My main doubt with my site is that I need to expand the width of my site. I have so much white space in the left and right margins. And my client its not happy at all with this. 😞 I attach an image. Let me know @paul2009 if I can share publicly here with u the password 😊

Thanks a lot in advance for your help :)

Regards

aaaaaaa.jpg

4 minutes ago, ElisaRed said:

Shall I write it here publicly, or in private with you?

That’s up to you 😊

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 1/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, ElisaRed said:

I want to write: "ASESORIA DE ARTE ONLINE" in just one line, with the same text style. Not divided in 2 lines as it is now.

The banner description ("ASESORIA DE ARTE ONLINE") is usually limited to a maximum width of 956 pixels, which is why it wraps.

You can prevent this by changing the maximum width. I've increased it to 1040px and applied it only to the homepage.

Add this to Design > Custom CSS:

.homepage .desc-wrapper {
  max-width: 1040px;
}

desc-wrapper.thumb.png.ecac8693529d167805eb1be04af6088f.png

14 hours ago, ElisaRed said:

My main doubt with my site is that I need to expand the width of my site. I have so much white space in the left and right margins.

Some templates (such as Brine) allow you to set the width of the index content using settings in the Site Styles panel, but you are using the Bedford (7.0) template. Unfortunately, this does not offer any settings for this; the index width is fixed at 1020px. You can change this with the following CSS, but this may make it more difficult for you to manage the responsive behaviours. Take care to test your site at different browser widths after you've made this change.

.collection-type-index .page-content {
  max-width: 1268px;
}

Archived