How do I create a button in a Markdown?

I am trying to add "no-follow" links to our shop, and blogs. In our shop, for instance, I would like to have a button that says: "buy now" but I would like the link to be no-follow. The only way I've found I'm able to add no-follow links is by adding them in a markdown. I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a button either in the Markdown or the Code content clocks that could be no-follow. This is one of the pages I'd like to do this: https://www.heartwoodcustomvans.com/shop-van-conversion-build-tools

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 2
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

It's sad but true that Squarespace does not make it easy to add a no follow link.  I had to open an account with a different website provider to create my no follow links.  I simply copy my text, to the other site's page builder and paste it there.  Then with a click of a couple of buttons, I can change an entire page filled with follow links to No-follow. 

Then I copy the entire html text into Markdown.  It retains my formatting and everything.  But it's an absolute pain.  I've written to square space a number of times about this.  But it has never really been addressed.  Most of the reps I've spoken to have no idea what a no-follow link is.  So odd, since too many "do-follow" links are not good for SEO. 

Edited by JadoreLeDecor