Soundcloud tracks displaying in search results

Hi everyone,

I am struggling since a month already with how to organize my music on my website.

I am a composer & performer, and have around 100 tracks on soundcloud I want to organize and display on my website. I used a blogpost for each of the tracks with respective categories (improvisations, compositions, performances etc.) and tags (instrumentation, genre etc).

I organized a listening page with a tag cloud, an archive and a search bar.

Well, I am just very unhappy with the options I have: 

-I don't want to use Album Pages because the audio quality allowed is very low (for the kind of music I am making), plus there is a limit of 60 tracks per album and I would have to re-upload everything.

-If I use the blogposts (because I like the way of organizing with categories and tags) people have to make so many clicks: they have to wait for the search results to populate which is so much slower than I thought, than they have to click the blog post title and enter the blog post and than -if on mobile choose to play in browser or soundcloud - and than press play. This requires quite a lot of patience.

Anyone has had similar situations, of having to organize lots of music by categories and not being happy with the quality of the squarespace player?

There surely should be an easier way than to organize pages for each category and tag...I have a LOT of material to do that and I would have work extra every time I post new music.

I have a personal plan so can only use CSS but if it would be possible to re-design how search-results display (that the souncloud link shows as well under the title of the post or as a pop-up when pressing the title), I am willing to switch to premium and work with a developer to make this change for me if it is above my capabilities... I already tried to work with a developer and his suggestion was to switch to wordpress...not so useful!

Happy 2020 everyone!

Cornelia

• Replies 0
  • Views 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived