Bedford banner, lowering text from centre position

Hi there

I am looking for some code to lower the position of the text in my Bedford Banner.

I have seen this done for the text to be aligned left or right but not for lowering the position. Currently the text blocks the face in the photo.

Many thanks for your help.

Mark

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 13.11.37.png

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the community to help, we generally need a working link to the page on your site. Here are some top tips about posting the link: 

Try not to include anything after 'squarespace.com'. For example, do not include the /config/ suffix as this sends us to the admin page which we won't be able to access.

If the site is in a trial or is password-protected, the public won't be able to access it without knowing a read-only site password. For more information about setting a password see this support article: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206536837-Is-my-site-live-

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I did find a Youtube tutorial and have at least figured out how to get it to align left. You do that in Custom CSS, but I will have to research how to get it to align bottom.  

But that only addresses left right. I suspect that the top, bottom answer is somewhere in the ballpark. 

Thanks McATX, I also found this video 😀 but alas couldn't work out the code to place the text lower. I did try to use the code suggested in this video but changing the wording 'left' for 'lower' but that didn't work.

Hopefully somebody will be able to point us in the right direction.

Mark

It looks like you've fixed this @MAC1CIV by adding a line break above the banner description. Is that right?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

11 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

It looks like you've fixed this @MAC1CIV by adding a line break above the banner description. Is that right?

Hi Paul

No I haven't managed a fix yet. I have tried other solutions suggested, as above,  but nothing has worked yet.

Do I need a line break? Is there a code that would work here?

Thanks

Mark

The simplest way to push the banner description down is by adding line breaks in the Banner Settings.

spacer.png.

If this doesn't give you the required effect then you will need some CSS.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

The simplest way to push the banner description down is by adding line breaks in the Banner Settings.

spacer.png.

If this doesn't give you the required effect then you will need some CSS.

That's really helpful thanks Paul.

I may at some point look at some code for these banners but for now we are live www. bravocoaching.co.uk

I appreciate your help.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived