Product customization plugin

Hello everyone,

I am offering a bespoke service to my customers for them to chose various ingredients to create a custom blend with a name they can chose and save for repeat orders.

Here's an example with this brand offering custom oatmeal mixes (https://truenutrition.com/p-6704-custom-oatmeal-food-mix.aspx). Ideally, I would like to show the product in tile format with photos (not just a dropdown or tab selection since my ingredients include botanicals other than fruits and veggies).

Where can I find a plugin that I can install on Squarespace or how can I use the Products page.

Will appreciate any help, I am also new to coding. Thanks a lot :)

You will not be able to offer a way of saving blends for repeat orders using Squarespace, with or without code/plugins.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hello Paul. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I don't want my clients to re-do the whole ingredients selection process every time they want to re-order, they'll just run away! 

This means I have to go to Shopify or even Wordpress and start over?? Oh my... too too bad.

No @CatherineJoMorgan that's not what I meant. If you enable Customer Accounts on a Commerce plan, customers can indeed log into their accounts to view their orders.

The limitation is that customers cannot create product bundles by combining other products, for example to create a personalised oatmeal mix. Because they cannot turn the personalised mix of ingredients into a product, there's no product to recall for reorder purposes.

I hope that makes sense. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I scrambled the internet, there is indeed no way to install a Products customization plugin on Squarespace or use coding unless I move to Shopify.

I spoke to their customer service. It's possible to use the app "Bold Product Options" and personalize it with my ingredients and all kinds of options and features: https://apps.shopify.com/product-options?surface_detail=product+options&surface_inter_position=1&surface_intra_position=4&surface_type=search#reviews

And for repeat orders, it is possible only if I install another app, the "Advance Reorder ‑ Repeat Order" that has a one click Re-order button, conversation rates, etc. But this means I have to host my site on Shopify and rebuild it, which really annoys me, I just like Squarespace so much however the advanced ecomm options are very limited...

• 10 months later...

Just thought I might attempt to rekindle this topic if anyone is still out there?

I'm looking to attach a simple product customiser to my squarespace site. Different colour options of a product etc. I've seen that there are product customisers that claim they work on squarespace, but they seem very expensive. 

Does anyone have any experience in this field? Has anyone successfully achieved this?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Joe

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...