Change Form Date Format to Spell Out Month in Words

The default format for dates in forms is MM/DD/YYYY

I see there are already several solutions to change to DD/MM/YY

However, I have a client who is a holiday rental with managers in Asia, clients in Europe and Australia etc so they are getting very confused with DD/MM and MM/DD.

Can anyone help with a way to change to a format that spells out the month in words so the form collects the date as, for example:

1 January 2020 (instead of 1/1/2020)

1 June 2020 (instead of 1/6/2020)

And also, not just does this on the form but also uses the same format when emailing the form results?

Many thanks in advance...

Simon

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When a site is aimed at an international audience, it's better to use a date picker. It's a UX/UI standard. The customer can accurately choose the date and the backend can process the date in any format you choose, for example 1 January 2020.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived