Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
simon.stjohn

Change Form Date Format to Spell Out Month in Words

Question

The default format for dates in forms is MM/DD/YYYY

I see there are already several solutions to change to DD/MM/YY

However, I have a client who is a holiday rental with managers in Asia, clients in Europe and Australia etc so they are getting very confused with DD/MM and MM/DD.

Can anyone help with a way to change to a format that spells out the month in words so the form collects the date as, for example:

1 January 2020 (instead of 1/1/2020)

1 June 2020 (instead of 1/6/2020)

And also, not just does this on the form but also uses the same format when emailing the form results?

Many thanks in advance...

Simon

Edited by simon.stjohn
change to get notifications

1 answer to this question

When a site is aimed at an international audience, it's better to use a date picker. It's a UX/UI standard. The customer can accurately choose the date and the backend can process the date in any format you choose, for example 1 January 2020.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the end of May 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions for Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1: Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension 
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Wishlist extension is now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.