Remove "Back to" Link on Shop

Hi,

I know this has been asked lots of times but all the links seem to be to answers and the links are dead.

I have created product blocks on pages, is it possible to disable the "back to product page" link so that if people go back they won't be directed to the wrong place?

Thanks

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

It's when you go into an individual product it gives you a link to "go back to xxx" even though you may not have come from there.

www.poppiesnewcastle.ie/ghd-

If you click on a product in the product block and use the link to return, it will bring you back to the product page as opposed to the page containing the product block. If that was removable it would be great.

@ckritzelt that code for all products

If you want 1 product, add Page ID to before, eg: body#collection-123456789 .show-product-item-nav #productWrapper #productNav {display: none;}

See how to find Product Page ID

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

12 minutes ago, ckritzelt said:

Thank you for your quick answer! I found the ID (see screenshot) and put it in the Custom CSS box like this (see screenshot).

But it is not working. What did I do wrong?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-03 um 14.41.04.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-03 um 14.40.55.png

Can you share link to your site?

Or send to forum message

1 minute ago, tuanphan said:

You mean "Back to Products" with white text, black background? https://ckritzeltshop.com/products/calendar-2020

Sorry, I already added the code for the whole page. Check the page again (and screenshot). I mean the "Back to products" on top of the picture.

My main problem: I have a SHOP-Landing page (https://ckritzeltshop.com/) where I have an overview/gallery of all the product CATEGORIES. If I view the Calendar 2020 (https://ckritzeltshop.com/products/calendar-2020) and click on the "Back to products" link, it leads me to ALL my products. But I want that people go back to the CATEGORIES-Page eg. Landing Page.

Best solution for me would be to link the "back to products" button on top of the picture to the landing page for both products, Calendar and Tattoo Certificate (https://ckritzeltshop.com/products/tattoo-certificate-permission). {or: disable the "Back to Products" button on both products and put a custom link like the one you see on the bottom}

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-03 um 15.16.22.png

@ckritzelt It need some custom javascript. I wrote or a client few months ago.

Quite a lot of messages, I need to find again. I'll send you tomorrow.

You can also send me a private message, sometimes I forget ... because answering many other questions on the forum.

Or send to forum message

On 11/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, ckritzelt said:

www.ckritzeltshop.com

try adding to Header or Footer

<script>
window.onload = function() {
     document.querySelectorAll('#productNav a')[0].href = 'https://example.com'; 
    };
</script>

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...

@karilyn In the Bedford template, you'll find this tweak in Design > Site Styles in the PRODUCTS section. The tweak is called Show Product Item Nav. You will need to be viewing a product when you open Site Styles for this setting to be visible.

bedford-backto.png.42b903d14f9ca751b59063d5f90a07f6.png

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 6 months later...
12 hours ago, NaamNom said:

When I go to Site Styles (my template is Wells) there is no PRODUCTS sub-menu.

The Products option exists on the Wells template too 🙂

Are you viewing a product in the preview window before you open the Site Styles panel? If not, you won't see it. This is because the Site Styles panel is dynamic - it only shows options for items that are currently in the preview window.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to remove the 'back to shop' link from my product pages at www.hewn.ie/shop. For instance at www.hewn.ie/shop/forge-and-carve, there is a link 'Hewn Shop' which links back to the parent collection. I'd like to remove this.

I've tried adding this to Custom CSS without success:

.show-product-item-nav #productWrapper #productNav {
    display: none !important;
}

I also tried this without success:

.product-description .sqs-block-button {
    display: none !important;
}

Perhaps my hero @tuanphan can help.

Archived