Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
adamwentworth

Change background color of the entire footer area?

Question

I'm looking for a way to have the entire footer portion of the canvas have a different bg color. In the attached photo, the top is what I'm shooting for, bottom is what I currently have. I was able to get some of the blue color in there using the background property for #footer, but the canvas padding to the left and right stays the light color. Is there a workaround for this? I'm using the Om theme. 

Footer_Comparison.png

16 answers to this question

@tuanphan Yeah the default footer in Om doesn't do what I want it to do, so I'm trying to add some type blocks to get the look I'm after - and hoping I can change the whole background to that blue color like in my initial example.

The site url is www.rebeccagirard.com, but like I mentioned, it's using a different theme, and I'm redesigning using the Om theme in preview mode, so I'm not sure if there's a way to share that for you to see.

The easiest and most comfortable way to choose a color is to write its name.
The only problem with this method is that there are only sixteen colors called "standard." Although there are other informal colors, I won't bother showing them since they don't necessarily work the same way in all browsers.

10 minutes ago, moeezali said:

@tuanphan I can't see anything here it says that it's a private site: https://bamboo-dalmatian-3exg.squarespace.com/

What do you mean?

Private Site
This site is currently private. If you’re the owner or contributor, log in.

Send me a message if you have any questions (free 10 minutes).

Don't send to forum message. I will check all questions via the link above