Change background color of the entire footer area?

I'm looking for a way to have the entire footer portion of the canvas have a different bg color. In the attached photo, the top is what I'm shooting for, bottom is what I currently have. I was able to get some of the blue color in there using the background property for #footer, but the canvas padding to the left and right stays the light color. Is there a workaround for this? I'm using the Om theme. 

Footer_Comparison.png

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tuanphan Yeah the default footer in Om doesn't do what I want it to do, so I'm trying to add some type blocks to get the look I'm after - and hoping I can change the whole background to that blue color like in my initial example.

The site url is www.rebeccagirard.com, but like I mentioned, it's using a different theme, and I'm redesigning using the Om theme in preview mode, so I'm not sure if there's a way to share that for you to see.

Guest LolaDunlap

The easiest and most comfortable way to choose a color is to write its name.
The only problem with this method is that there are only sixteen colors called "standard." Although there are other informal colors, I won't bother showing them since they don't necessarily work the same way in all browsers.

10 minutes ago, moeezali said:

@tuanphan I can't see anything here it says that it's a private site: https://bamboo-dalmatian-3exg.squarespace.com/

What do you mean?

Private Site
This site is currently private. If you’re the owner or contributor, log in.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived