Brine: How to Position Captions under Slideshow Gallery

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

I want the image Title & Description to appear below the slideshow (rather than overlapping the image). Has anyone done this in Brine?

Temp URL is https://horse-blue-mllf.squarespace.com/landscapes pp: wyunabayartist

I've had multiple attempts at adapting other people's code for this and no joy.I'm just learning CSS so would appreciate any advice.

Edited by JacquiChan
Initial Revision
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

@JacquiChan

/* Push description to under slide */
.collection-type-gallery.view-list .slide-meta.show {
   bottom: -130px;
}
/* Fix height issue */
.collection-type-gallery.view-list .sqs-gallery-design-stacked-slide img {
   top: 0 !important;
   height: 100% !important;
}
/* Remove overflow content */
.collection-type-gallery.view-list .slides-controls {
   overflow: visible !important;
}
.collection-type-gallery.view-list .slide.sqs-gallery-design-stacked-slide {
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Thanks again @tuanphan. I'm wondering if you could also clarify how I'd adapt that if I go with a gallery block rather than gallery page: https://horse-blue-mllf.squarespace.com/alternative-galleryMy client thinks the gallery page slideshow is too wide, so I'm offering her this narrower version, but once again she wants the titles etc below. I had a poke around but wasn't sure how to target the gallery on this page.

Thanks again @tuanphan. I'm wondering if you could also clarify how I'd adapt that if I go with a gallery block rather than gallery page: https://horse-blue-mllf.squarespace.com/alternative-gallery My client thinks the gallery page slideshow is too wide, so I'm offering her this narrower version, but once again she wants the titles etc below. I had a poke around but wasn't sure how to target the gallery on this page.

@JacquiChan These code for Alternative-gallery page. Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS.

.collection-type-page .sqs-gallery-block-slideshow .meta {
   bottom: -90px !Important;
}
.collection-type-page .sqs-gallery-design-stacked-slide {
}

Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

@tuanphan // Gallery Slideshow Captions Titles & Description//.sqs-gallery-block-slideshow .meta-title { font-size: 18px !important; font-style: italic; font-weight: 500; letter-spacing: 0.01em; text-indent: 20px;}

.sqs-gallery-block-slideshow .meta-description p { font-size: 15px !important; color: white !important; font-weight: 400; padding-left: 20px ; padding-bottom: 10px; letter-spacing: 0.05em; }

@JacquiChan I have just checked your page, and you have inserted the missing }. Please copy and paste the exact code I sent

Or send to forum message

• 5 months later...