Background color will not save - keeps reverting

I'm trying to set the background color for an index page to be #AA1E2E but it keeps reverting to #a81f2f

I've tried converting it to different formats such as HSL, but it keeps switching back after I enter it in the color picker and close it out. Can I not do this color? Currently I'm hardcoding it with CSS, but it is an annoying issue.

Edited by mcarner5
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Squarespace Customer Care should always be your first stop for technical issues with your site. You can reach out to them here.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 2 years later...

Having the same issue.. is there an answer to this?? Reached out to "customer service" and they sent me there, where I am told to reach out to customer service!!! How unhelpful. The HOME page only has this issue. Should be white like the other pages. Anyone? Squarespace was useless and told me it was a coding thing.. I don't code and don't know where or how to fix this.

433817929_ScreenShot2022-08-03at4_27_23PM.thumb.png.aed5fda0d27e5dfe0720f583874cff47.png1573717753_ScreenShot2022-08-03at4_27_17PM.thumb.png.5f791f86e1490916179c90f141298aee.png

Edited by artofax
to point out I am going in circles here.. really exasperated, Squarespace...
3 minutes ago, artofax said:

Having the same issue.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hello,

Well, for now the issue seems to have been resolved. Another tech from SS was not seeing the same thing and suggested it was a browser issue. Does not explain, to me anyway, why the background color changed back to the default for that template only for home page, but if it happens again I will post again and follow your advice.  I am too brain dead to think about it more tonight! Thank you.

• 8 months later...

This is a weird bug and should be addressed I am having the same issue regarding change background color on buttons. Designers do not have a lot of time to waste on bugs and since I am seeing the dates on this I would hope that we see some real movement on this issue.