Avenue: Logo resizing on mobile view

• Replies 19
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there,

Can you provide the name of the template or a link to your site?

Each template has its own structure and naming conventions within the code. So you would need to provide your website URL or at least provide the name of the template in order for someone to help.

Thanks!

If you typed in the title then chose a font:

Go to settings > advanced > code injection — then in the head add this css:

<style type="text/css">

@media screen and (max-width: 400px){

.site-title .logo{
   font-size: 20px; 
   }

}

</style>

If you uploaded a logo image:

Go to settings > advanced > code injection — then in the head add this css:

<style type="text/css">

@media screen and (max-width: 400px){

.logo-image .logo img {
max-width: 50%;
}

}

</style>

You can set the font size or max-width to whatever you want I choose arbitrary values.

• 6 months later...

Can the same code be used for images in a gallery that are uploaded in the main content of the page? Of course I know the code would change.. can you provide an example of that? I'm trying to resize the photos on this page so that they will be smaller in mobile view: www.creativeslivehappy.com/home1 Thank you!!!

@amagrude

Is it the social media icons you are looking to change on mobile? If so, the above wont be enough to get the job done. The logo is so specific that it has it's own identifier (.logo img) so it's easy to target with our new code—but in the case of images in a gallery, they have ID's that are generated every time the page loads so it's harder to target only the gallery you want to change.

As a compromise, you could try to use the social block instead of a gallery then try to style those icons with CSS.

@amagrude

I can see you have social icons at the top of the page too— perhaps one set is enough? While social is great for marketing your business and bringing people to your site, those links will take people away from site and into a more distracting environment where they may not engage with your content. So I would recommend you use social icons on your site judiciously. Just my opinion, not a rule.

Best,Bill

@amagrude

You can use a code block to make a custom menu. See this fiddle:

https://jsfiddle.net/x79vos2q/3/

Replace the gallery of icons with a code block, paste the HTML in the code block, then add the CSS to your style sheet via:

Design > Custom CSS

I used the image URLs from the icon gallery so don't delete images from the original gallery or the images might disappear. Let me know if that works out for you. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Squarespace recently updated their style setting in the Avenue Template. There is now a specific style setting within the Style Editor for resizing the logo specifically on mobile.

You can locate this by heading to Design > Style Editor > Sizes & Values > Mobile Logo Size.

Their guide on that style tweak is here:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/214823157-Avenue-Style-Editor-tweaks#toc-sizes---values

• 6 months later...

Archived