Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
unstumpd

Changing the Link Address of My Logo

Question

When you click on the logo at the top of my site it takes you to the page that's been designated the home page. This is all well and good except that I'm trying to use the cover page feature as a splash page. I'd like the logo to link to a different page (my work page) so that you're not being taken back to the coverpage.

I can't find anywhere that lets you change where this link takes you. Does anyone know or have a suggestion on how to redirect the link?Thank you!

Edited by TreyT
retag

My solution to discover what I should add instead of '.logo a' could work for other templates as well. It was this:

1. open Website
  2. right click, 'view page source' (or press 'Ctrl+U')
  3. Press 'Ctrl + F' (shortcut to 'find in text')
  4. Write 'logo'
  5. In my source code there were 9 words 'logo'. In one of them (listed as 'logo-image'), there was a link with the image I added to squarespace as logo. So that was the equivalent for '.logo a' in the York template. I don't know how to code, but it worked. So I assume it should work for you as well.

York template, the solution (remember to substitute www.google.com for the URL you want the logo to redirect you to):

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>$(document).ready(function () {
          $(".logo-image [href]").attr("href", "http://www.google.com");
        });
</script>

You can use this version for the Pacific template:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>$(document).ready(function () {
          $("#logoImage.tmpl-loading.logo-image a[href]").attr("href", "http://www.google.com/");
        });
</script>

The original version didn't work

Edited by A_Helping_Hand
Initial Revision

I am having the same problem, within the Mentor template. I tried Benjamin's code but it didn't work.

My page is:

billbartolotta.com

THANKS in advance for any help!

Seth

I am having the same problem, within the Mentor template. I tried Benjamin's code but it didn't work.

My page is:

billbartolotta.com

THANKS in advance for any help!

Seth

Need the same for the Brine template. I inspected the Site ID element and every class and ID I tried to paste over the respective part of the JS didn't work for me :(