Changing the Link Address of My Logo

When you click on the logo at the top of my site it takes you to the page that's been designated the home page. This is all well and good except that I'm trying to use the cover page feature as a splash page. I'd like the logo to link to a different page (my work page) so that you're not being taken back to the coverpage.

I can't find anywhere that lets you change where this link takes you. Does anyone know or have a suggestion on how to redirect the link?Thank you!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The target of the link (your site logo) is hard-set in the HTML code. A regular user has no access to the HTML code. You can style the HTML (affect its presentation on the page) but not change it. A Developer has access to the code but this is advanced coding, not for the initiate.

I'm a retired attorney who was asked by a friend to build a website. In a prior lifetime, in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago, I was a computer systems analyst / programmer. I'm a novice autodidact in CSS, JavaScript and HTML learning in part by example.. I've asked questions on this forum and been lucky enough to have others help me, so I'm inclined to answer any question I can. Pay it forward.

Yes. Change the "url" in the code below to be what page you wish it to link to.

Copy Paste this into Page Settings > Advanced > Header Injection

(do this for every page in your site you require this functionality)

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>$(document).ready(function () {
         $(".logo a[href]").attr("href", "http://www.google.com/");
       });
</script>

Like I said, a user without advanced coding skills can't do it. An expert can. Benjamin is an expert. It was nice of him to answer.

I'm a retired attorney who was asked by a friend to build a website. In a prior lifetime, in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago, I was a computer systems analyst / programmer. I'm a novice autodidact in CSS, JavaScript and HTML learning in part by example.. I've asked questions on this forum and been lucky enough to have others help me, so I'm inclined to answer any question I can. Pay it forward.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any clue to make the logo clickable to redirect to home page on mobile version:Five template? I placed the logo on mobile with this code I found on this answer (amazing explanation through all steps) https://answers.squarespace.com/questions/76614/how-can-i-get-logo-to-display-in-mobile-view-for-five-template.html

I want to link my logo on mobile site back to home page, is there any code for this?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem... I've pasted the code into the Header Injection area, but it isn't redirecting to our parent site: peopleschurch.tv.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In addition to this, the class or ID assigned to the logo image can change from template to template. For instance, the target for Pacific or Fulton for the logo image would be "#logoImage" rather than ".logo". For Flatiron, use the class ".siteTitle"

With that in mind, be sure to inspect the element on your logo image to figure out the ID or class and update the code above accordingly.

• 1 month later...

hi there guys, i built this website: https://bodega-simonassi.squarespace.com

it has two navigations, one for spanish one for english.

when you are inside an english page, you only see the english nav, same with spanish.

now, when im on the spanish nav and click the logo, it takes me to the spanish home. is there a way that when im on the enligh nav and click the logo for it to take me to the english home ?

many thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived