Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
perroso1085

How to Change the "Page Content" Block Size/Width?

Question

I want my content block to be as wide as the pretty images that go up to 1980x1020 px. I injected this sugestion to my Custom CSS.

page { width: 100%; max-width: 1980px; }

Sort of worked with PACIFIC Template. I mean sort of because width changed the moment I pasred the code. But immediately the page refreshed and we're back to a 790px wide page content block.

Thanks in advance.

[uPDATE] I noticed the injection works permanently while editing... I mean, the content block while editing is 1980px wide. I want that for my final result. As soon as I go out from editing and preview my web, then I see it shrink back again.

Edited by erich

9 answers to this question

For a normal page on the Pacific template, this is the code to widen the Page Content area underneath the Banner Image:

#content {
 width: 1000px !important;
}

Use that in the custom CSS section of your site, of course edit the 1000px value to your preference.

For full width, replace 1000px with 100% :)

I've tried dropping in all of these codes and nothing is working in pacific template. Do I need to add style brackets before the code? I keep trying dozens of CSS style in the Settings>CSS section and nothing is changing.

Edited by jeanna
Initial Revision

I've tried dropping in all of these codes and nothing is working in pacific template. Do I need to add style brackets before the code? I keep trying dozens of CSS style in the Settings>CSS section and nothing is changing.

When I put that CSS Code in either the main "code injection" area (under advanced) or directly within the advanced settings tab on the page I want it, I get a bright blue border at the top of the page with the code in it, and absolutely nothing changes on the page otherwise. So frustrated right now....

Same thing happens to me. I put code into page settings > advanced > page header code injection. This is what I paste into that box:

#page { max-width: 100%; margin: 0; padding: 0; }

It doesn't do anything except appear in a tiny thin black line at the top of the actual website when i visit my own website. Please help. I have zero CSS knowledge.