Disappearing top navigation

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING TOP NAV MENU... 
When clicking the back button on a web browser, the first 3 titles in the top navigation menu sometimes (but not always) disappear -- but CONTACT always remains. My client said he has experienced it in different situations. For me, I typically see it happen when I start on HOME > go to SERVICES/VIDEOPRODUCTION > then click the "back" button to HOME.

Any thoughts about what I should investigate? Thanks!

https://www.framepower.nz/

disappearing top nav.jpg

There are a number of diagnostic methods.

One is the following.

Another.

I was unable to reproduce your issue on my set up, Chrome v126.0.6478.128. What browser are you and your client using?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Solution

I have been able to reproduce the issue. I just updated to Chrome v126.0.6478.183. The update could be coincidental in the overall issue.

I can describe what is happening but don't know why. The reason those menu items are not showing up is because there is a failure somewhere in the process of the fadeIn class being added to those elements.

Screenshot2024-07-19at1_24_14PM.thumb.png.653beba05397f6747f0138fa2292c478.png

Another thing to try. Disable the clickable folders code. I'm not saying this is the cause of the issue but since it is interacting with elements that are having the issue, best to try to determine if there is some interaction.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@creedon: Thanks for your input.  As it turns out, there was something in the code injection that was interfering.  It was code to make the main folders clickable, which I had completely forgotten was there.  So after removing that, voila!  Thanks for your thoughtful ideas to help me figure this out.