SSL certificates are unavailable

Hi,

Seems like this is a common problem or something but I have tried absolutely everything, waited 72 hours, contacted support without response, tried edit things myself and my domain still don't have the SSL certificates. Please help!

SSL certificates are unavailable

These domains are not correctly connected to your Squarespace site. To fix this, use the Website Default preset from the dropdown menu in DNS Settings.

closertosomewhere.com

www.closertosomewhere.com

•  

Thank you in advance!

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SSL certificate cannot be created because your domain DNS records aren't correct. You currently have a number of domain 'A' records that point to something other than Squarespace (216.239.36.21). You'll need to delete these in the Domains dashboard under DNS.

If you need more help, please post a screenshot of the DNS records for closertosomewhere.com from your Domains dashboard.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

The "A" and "CNAME" records shown in Squarespace Defaults are the minimum that you need for it to work. 

If you want full redundancy, the full set of Squarespace A records are below. 

image.thumb.png.27c5a9831c11e9d969054db12873866d.png

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

13 hours ago, closertosomewhere said:

I did as you recommended but I think there is still something wrong

There are now some custom "AAAA" records that weren't in your previous screenshot. These need to be removed too.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Artiibird said:

am having huge issues around same

If you'd like help, you'll need to provide us with a little more information! Please see Derrick's excellent post for details of what we need: Necessary Information to troubleshoot domain issues.