Site Speed Optimisation

Hi,

I know there's issues with site speed and performance with Squarespace as a platform but wondering if there are any tips on how I can improve my site performance outside of these. I've included my google page speed results below and my site is https://www.butterbakery.com.au

I'm mostly concerned with the mobile speed/performance being so low. From other research I've done I know there's not much that can be done about the render-blocking, third party code, JavaScript execution time, next generation image formats. All my images are already below 250kb. 

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 9.01.56 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 9.02.13 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 9.02.36 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 9.02.49 pm.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @Scotty_90

I'm glad to help you. Yes, you're right that Squarespace has its limitations when it comes to improving page speed, but there are still several ways to optimize your site:

1. Choose Web-Safe Fonts: Limit the number of web fonts used on your site to speed up loading times. Stick to web-safe fonts like Arial, Courier New, and Verdana.

2. Limit Embedded Content: Reduce the number of YouTube or Vimeo videos embedded on your site. If necessary, use custom thumbnails to prevent large files from being downloaded.

3. Remove Custom Code: Eliminate unnecessary custom code, third-party embedded codes, and code injections to speed up your site.

4. Disable Unnecessary Add-ons: Remove extensions and plugins that are not essential.

5. Enable Ajax Loading: If your site is on version 7.0 and your template supports it, enable Ajax loading. Ajax makes page loading appear quicker and seamless. It's ideal for content-heavy pages, such as blog pages and gallery pages.

I hope that insights help you. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Sadul Sifat. 

SEOSpace Team

SEOSpace - The SEO Plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co/squarespace-seo-audit-score

seospace-logo.png

Regarding Ajax on 7.0: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000253288-Ajax-loading-in-version-7-0

"Ajax may conflict with embedded custom code, code-based customizations, anchor links, and URL redirects. Ajax can also interfere with site analytics, logging hits on the first page only."

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014