Portfolio Page - Related Projects Feed (7.1)

Hello! On this site we are looking to remove the traditional Squarespace pagination (next/previous) and replace it with a "Related Projects" section. The one thing I'm running into is that if we build this out with a Summary block and a blog feeding the projects we can end up with a duplicate where the project page you're on is also listed under the related projects.

I'm aware of this plugin from Sqspthemes, which solves the issue of hiding the current post but it's for blog posts / Summary blocks and not portfolio projects.

Anyone aware of how we can achieve this for Portfolio projects and/or a different plugin that could work well?

Site: https://hanna-creative-co.squarespace.com/
PW: HCC123!

• Replies 5
  • Views 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, tuanphan said:

You can try this approach.

@tuanphan Genius - thank you for sharing! Although, with this site it's not exactly what we're looking for, but not sure if you're able to assist at all.

1. Pulling in the Work page isn't working and I'm assuming it's because of the customizations we've made to that page. I tested it with another portfolio page with a standard grid layout and works well, but we'd like it to be a carousel unit versus the grid underneath.
2. If I create a carousel unit instead pull that section in it doesn't remove the project of the page I'm on... 

I thought it might be a bit simpler but it seems like there may be too many customizations impacting the ability to do this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2024 at 3:48 AM, tuanphan said:

The code, I tested with Grid, I haven't tested with your current portfolio layout. I will test and let you know.

@tuanphan Were you able to test and see if this is at all possible with our current layout? Thank you - I really appreciate your help!!

On 6/19/2024 at 11:32 PM, skali said:

@tuanphan Were you able to test and see if this is at all possible with our current layout? Thank you - I really appreciate your help!!

I tested with Hover: Fixed and Hover: Follow Cursor but both didn't work.

Text appear but image disappear.

image.thumb.png.3fcd11a0b177983e2c23e1a7ff1ec0a8.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)