How to add a link to the "description" area under "Accordion" in "Additional Info" section of a product?

Posted (edited)

Hi there, I wanted to add a link to the "description" under "Accordion" within the "Additional Info" section for product description, but after I clicked the the link icon in the "description", it pops up and disappeared. 

How to solve this problem?

Product Page

【Problem Description】

1. I created a product page (attachment 1)
  2. I want to add "Accordion" to the "Additional Info" section. (attachment 2)
  3. I created an "Accordion", and changed content (attachment 3)
  4. But I cannot add a link to  "Package Details" in the "Description". When I highlighted "package details" and clicked the "link", a small window popped up but disappeared within 2 seconds(attachment 4), so I cannot add link.

How to add a link to the "description"? 

Please advise.

Thanks a lot!

1. Add product details.png

2. Add Accordion.png

3. Change Accordion Content.png

4. Cannot add link to %22Package Details%22.png

Edited by JJ001
Description wrong
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@JJ001 There doesn't appear to be a platform-wide issue at the moment (see screenshot below) so this may be an issue with your browser.

image.thumb.png.5f6b6fc2e6663fdb8cf2a04fb0a72d02.png

Looking at your screenshot, I can see some green icons so you appear to have added a third party browser extension and this could be causing the issue? Try editing the site with this extension disabled, for example in a private/incognito browser window, or try another browser to see if this fixes the issue. Let us know how you get on.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

@paul2009 Hi Paul,
Thanks for your feedback.
The green dot in the previous screenshot was "Grammarly" (an extension in Chrome).

I tried another browser, Safari, which does not have the extension, and the link still just popped up and disappeared in 1 second. (please see attached video screen recording).

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!🌻

13 minutes ago, JJ001 said:

@paul2009 Hi Paul,
Thanks for your feedback.
The green dot in the previous screenshot was "Grammarly" (an extension in Chrome).

I tried another browser, Safari, which does not have the extension, and the link still just popped up and disappeared in 1 second. (please see attached video screen recording).

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!🌻

Link Pops Up_Safari.mov

And I also tried using a new google browser, without the extension (Grammarly), also, same issue. Please see attached video. 

Actually, I am not able to insert link within the accordion text but not only that. The same quick disappearance of the editor box happens also when I want to make the text 'bold' or 'underlined'.  But still, the bigger issue for us is not being able to add a URL within the accordion description.