• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Howdwil! Ok first impression - it feels a little off in terms of design. I think the image is interesting but as you know, websites are scanned in an F formation so the important text should be on the left. Second, the button's text below the hero image looks squashed (I know it is probably an extended font, but in a button it looks a bit silly). I think the section below feels too much like white paper and could use a visual facelift - I'd advise making it feel more like an experience vs. a document! Hope this helps.

Hi @Howdwil!

Here are some things that will sharpen up your website and make it easier to read and more uniformed -
- Use more interesting fonts that compliment each other. The Liberation Sans font looks very vanilla.
- In some places you spell it "smallSky" and others it's "smallsky". Just needs to be consistent throughout the site.
- All of the animation on the page is distracting. I would turn that off.
- Your site could benefit from a more cohesive color palette. The purple/yellow/light blue combo doesn't gel well.
- Same goes for the buttons... the yellow shadow just isn't working. Consider renaming the buttons so they're more interesting than "see them", "discuss them", etc. The words need to be stronger calls of action.
- The links in the footer: some are capitalized, some are not.
- I'm guessing you added the yellow around the Circle Member logo. Be careful about that... most companies have strict policies against editing their logo/images at all.
- The page with the templates has a lot of spacing issues. The buttons/images/text/margins are all really crammed together.    
- I would make the "book a call" link at the top a button so that it stands out to people since that is the main action you want people to take.

Let us know if you implement any changes and I'll be happy to take a look again. 🙂

Jessica Miller | Squarespace Website Designer
https://www.jessicamiller.work
jessica@jessicamiller.work

Search the blog and get Squarespace tips to your inbox
https://www.jessicamiller.work/blog

Want to pick my brain or get help? Book a free 15 minute call.

If my post solved your problem, please mark it as the solution - thanks!

Thank you both for your kind advice, I have followed 99% of your suggestions and I think they have made a difference, have a look and see.

Anyone else like to comment please feel free.

Howard