Can someone recommend a reputable plug-in site for a floating back to top button that will work on portfolio page

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Posted (edited)

Java, as I have just proven, is not my thing.  Can someone recommend any plug-in site that they have used that they feel like they could recommend.  Ghost Plug-ins has one but I want to just make sure look around before I make a decision.  Thanks.

Edited by MoeTalks
needed to add to title
  • MoeTalks changed the title to Can someone recommend a reputable plug-in site for a floating back to top button that will work on portfolio page

@tuanphan.  Thanks.  I tried his code and it works on the page I put the css code on but on every other page underneath the footer it shows the below photo.  This is not something you can help with, I've emailed him so hopefully he will get back to me.  If not, back to the drawing board but I would totally use his if it worked.  Thanks for the recommendation.

moetalks.com

image.png.6fb5910f8c6bdd46c1350fcb6404325c.pngThis is on every page under the footer

image.png.8238007fc39a9c8ba964f49b37e98ee1.pngthis is the way it looks on the page that I wanted it on,.  PERFECT

I tried his code and it works on the page I put the css code on but on every other page underneath the footer it shows the below photo

Did you put the CSS code in Website > Pages > Website Tools > Custom CSS or Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the page. If the later then that won't work site wide.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Good morning @creedon.  I did both.  I only want it work on certain pages because not all the pages need a back to top arrow.  As you stated, when I do it the first way (which is the suggestion of Will Meyers), it works perfectly but it puts it on all pages, which I don't want.  When I do it the latter, it works on the page I want but I also get that extra top button you saw underneath the footer.  If there was a way I could suppress it on the pages I don't want that would be great.  Also, I'm trying to use this on the portfolio pages and those pages can sometimes be kind of funky.  I made a back to top button without java script which  worked great but on mobile pressing it was hit or miss.  It looked like it was behind everything.  With Java, the button was on top of everything and I was able to hit it on mobile every time.  I tried a z-index on the button that I created without Java but that didn't work.  I will keep plugging at it.  Thanks for responding.  I appreciate it.

Hey @creedon

So, and tell me if this is improper way to do something but since I have the business plan I put the whole script in a code block on the page I wanted and it worked PERFECTLY on the page I wanted and it didn't show up on any other page.  Is that a wrong way to do this or is this acceptable?

• Solution

Given you don't want the effect site-wide you'll need to check with Will to see if he has any recommendations. I don't know his code.

For per page effects I prefer to put the code in Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the page. The only right way to install code is the way that makes the code work. In other words however you want to do it as long as it works.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I appreciate your thought process on this and I agree about Page header code and that is exactly where I would do it if the individual portfolio sections had a page code injection but thank you for the "as long as it works".  Have a great Sunday afternoon.