Blog titles lost during transfer from 7.0 to 7.1

Hi. I just transferred my website from 7.0 to 7.1. I can see my blog posts in a grid on my blog page, but there are no titles or any other information- just images in the grid. I can't figure out how to add. Can someone please advise? Many thanks, 

• Replies 1
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

I posted this a year ago and it still holds:

This is a guide to help, but bear in mind there is no built-in tool to move a blog from 7.0 to 7.1, but there are workarounds to accomplish what you want. 

https://www.bluehillsdigital.com/articles/transfer-squarespace-7-71/ another guide has this to say about moving blog posts:

JOURNAL

The most difficult part of switching from 7.0 to 7.1. is transferring your articles and posts, especially if you have a lot of posts on your current blog. We recommend breaking down the tasks at hand at several intervals and optimizing your process as much as possible. 

Start with the oldest article from your 7.0 site. Create a new article in your 7.1 blog/journal, add the title, copy/paste the text and images,  categories and tags, image thumbnail, excerpt, and URL. Make sure the slug is the same as on your current 7.0 site. Hit “Publish the post”. Go through the same steps for each post, finishing with your most recent post. Finalize the whole sequence, by going into each post and adjusting the publishing date, to ensure it matches what you have on your 7.0 site. If you decide to remove any of the posts, you’ll skip them altogether. When you get to the stage of redirects you will need to refer to your Excel document to set redirects for links that no longer exist on your site. 

https://squaremuse.com/blog/how-to-switch-from-squarespace-70-to-71-version

Edited by derricksrandomviews