Duplication Unavailable

On 4/14/2024 at 12:23 PM, JuneBanik said:

there has recently been an update and duplicating sites is now disabled.

Sites with fewer than 100 pages, that were built with a standard template can be duplicated from the Account Dashboard. Of course you'll need to be the site Owner or have Administrator permissions on the site.

However, if you created the site using the BUILD YOUR OWN TEMPLATE button (known as "Blueprint") then you may not be able to duplicate the site after a Blueprint update. For more details on what can and cannot be duplicated, please see the help guide Duplicating a site.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 1 month later...

For a year I had no problem duplicating my websites. Now, every time the trial expires I get the message displayed in the screenshot below. If I click "get started" I just end up at the process of designing a new website. This has essentially made me unable to access any of my websites. 

I have gone back and forth with Square customer service about this, and it seems as though they don't even read what I write in my emails to them. I'm getting nowhere. 

Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone know what the fix is?

Thanks so much!

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 10.04.17 PM.png

7 hours ago, merakiboutik said:

every time the trial expires I get the message displayed in the screenshot below.

You should be able to duplicate a recently expired site if it was built with a standard template. Is it possible that you built the site using the "build your own template tool", as explained above?

Regarding the expiration, you can of course extend a trial by opening the site in the editor and appending /extendtrial to the URL:

image.png.ee00f7c746f4a783d90c303ca80e08e1.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

As it stands right now I have to reach out to Squarespace and have them extend the trial. What you're saying above is I just need to add /extendtrial  to the url of each website? 

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it! 

• 1 month later...