Send an automated email after form submission?

Hi, 

I'm trying to send an automated email when someone completes a sign up form on my website as an RSVP for an event.   Apparently this is not a thing?!  It seems like a really simple concept but I am struggling with getting this done through squarespace and I really didn't want to switch to Mail Chimp for this because I like having my website and email in one place and Mail Chimp wasn't very easy to navigate with this either.  Any suggestions?  Or if I can only send an automation with a newsletter sign up can I add fields to that? 

Any thoughts greatly appreciated cause I'm going a tad bit crazy over here!

• Replies 1
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@career_coach_jenn  There is a way to add a subscription check box in a standard form but it doesn't add subscribers to a specific list, making it difficult to manage.

Squarespace also allows for the selling of workshops and you can require custom forms at checkout to gather the information you need and set up an automated email response. The downside to this is that you'll have to upgrade your site to allow for these e-commerce settings. Modifying these settings will also happen with all products, so if you decide to sell more things you'll need to do so after the event. 

If you want to keep your form and sign up for Email Campaigns, you can get around all of this by:

1. Set up an email list for your event

Marketing > Email Campaigns > Mailing Lists > Add (top right in the gray bar)

2. Create a page with a welcome message and a subscription opt-in box. 

Subscription box > Storage > Squarespace > Select the subscription list you created

3. Edit your current form

Form > Content > Edit Form Fields

Add a check box that they need to check confirming that they understand that after they submit the form, they will be redirected to a page to subscribe for emails surrounding the event. They must subscribe to receive the necessary information.

Form > Content > Post-Submit > ReDirect > Input the url for the page you created

Now when people fill out the form, they will be directed to that page.

4. Set up your automated email

Marketing > Email Campaigns > Automations > Add (top right in the gray bar)

• Select Welcome Email and select a template
  • Design your email
  • Under email you'll see "Automation Settings." Click on it to edit the triggers.
  • When a person Signs Up for [select the mailing list you created]
  • Then Send Email [select time frame]

Screenshot2024-04-14at4_10_07PM.thumb.png.b70071e127bc3e0be5c0b9abc8d98747.png

Now people will get an email automatically after they subscribe. If you set up email confirmation, they will receive it after the confirm their subscription.

Did I help? Click 👍 or mark it as the solution! This helps others find the answers they need. 

Meghan | Westerly Creative Studio

🍪  Still need your website policies?
Termageddon makes it easy.  
Get 10% off your first year! (< affiliate link)