Blog articles not indexed by Google

Hi everyone,

I own a small video production company, and write blog posts to boost my organic Google ranking. 

However, some of my blog articles are not indexed by Google, and I can't understand why. 

Of course, I regularly go to the Google Search Console, and send the sitemap.xml request. I also send individual indexation requests for every page that has not been indexed naturally. 

I checked all the settings of the problematic pages, and everything looks fine. There is no "no index" tag or stuff like that. The blog posts have exactly the same settings and format, and some are properly indexed by Google, and others aren't. 

Here are some screenshots of Search Console. 

Has someone already encountered the same indexation issues ? 

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/6/2024 at 8:52 AM, aym38 said:

Has someone already encountered the same indexation issues ? 

Hi @aym38 can you share the url to a blog post that you are having issue being indexed by Google? and can you share the error message you see in Google Search Console for that particular URL? Can you please translate it to English before sharing the screenshot so it'd be easier for the community to help? Thanks

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)

1 hour ago, aym38 said:

And here are some screenshots of what Search Console says, this time in english

Thanks! What happens when you click on Request Indexing? Does it say successful or is there an error?

image.thumb.png.c4653ad632982180e902d54c1cb7be12.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.

Posted (edited)

Yes, I already clicked on it at least a dozen times for each article, at different periods. But it doesn't work for these articles, it's like Google chooses to ignore them even if I ask it to index them... 

Edited by aym38
correction
15 hours ago, aym38 said:

Yes, I already clicked on it at least a dozen times for each article, at different periods. But it doesn't work for these articles, it's like Google chooses to ignore them even if I ask it to index them... 

I would wait for Google to do its thing, it could sometimes take a couple of weeks. How long has it been since you first crawled? Note, when it says Crawled, re-submitting won't help. As there is no error, there is nothing to correct. 

You can see more from Google's documentation on page indexing

I'm having the same problem. NONE of my blog posts are being indexed by Google. I have resubmitted the site map, re-indexed individual pages. They were crawled and discovered in JANUARY but still not indexed. Any solution would be awesome. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2024 at 12:33 AM, crystina said:

I'm having the same problem. NONE of my blog posts are being indexed by Google. I have resubmitted the site map, re-indexed individual pages. They were crawled and discovered in JANUARY but still not indexed. Any solution would be awesome. 

@crystina I feel you, some of my blogs event take years and not indexed (I posted them in 2023), I did everything I could: re-submit sitemap, optimize on-page seo, only to end up to same conclusion:

like Google chooses to ignore them even if I ask it to index them

Except Google actually takes the manually index submit into account, but the pages are being queued and there is not guarantee that it will be indexed in time, there are billion websites out there and even Google can not treat them equally. I found myself keep visitting GSC and keep pressing the Submit index button everyday, which is very low limits to 10 submission a day, what a tedious process!

Then the only solution I can suggest is to use an auto-indexing services, they will submit your pages on your behalf on timely manner (usually daily). Personally I used PageIndexer.io (this is affiliate link), as it starter plan is $7 for 200 index pages per day and also support IndexNow out of the box, good enough for my use. 

It took from 24-48 hours to index my blogs so I can focus on produce content, in the last 2 months it helped index 30+ of my page on auto pilot

image.thumb.png.00e5e70af950e6e0d040c3a00c99b20b.png

For a specific blog, the timeline shows that it is published on 4th July and it auto submit and indexed on 5th July

image.thumb.png.c156e47f0dbf99fa32547b863bc4af91.png

Edited by Beyondspace

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, video lightbox and much more)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 No-code customisations for Squarespace (+100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Freemium Squarespace Widget Templates (+1000 Elfsight Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!