How to add a title to blog landing page 7.0

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

5 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Remove this code from Page Header or Code Injection

image.png.7656e6bcc4acbaff967fc2881529b3eb.png

and add this new code to Website > Website Tools > Custom CSS

body#collection-5ecc68a1e3d0ce7bf222b572 h1.entry-title:before {
    content: "After his sudden passing in May 2013, I’ve been occasionally collecting stories and (re)discovering the dance/theatre work of my father, Henry Clay Smith, and his company Solaris Dance-Theatre. Intermingled are my own stories and reflections on/through grief.";
    display: block;
    font-size: 16px;
}

I'm sorry, I followed these instructions but it still seems to insert that text before each blog post, not just once at the top of the page. It's not the end of the world if that's how it has to be, but if there's a way to just get the text to display once at the top of the page that'd be great. Thanks so much for your help!

1 hour ago, Ahmad9 said:

In Squarespace 7.0, you can add a title to your blog landing page by following these steps:

1. Login: Log in to your Squarespace account and navigate to the website editor.

2. Edit Mode: Enter the edit mode for the page where you want to add the title.

3. Add Title Block: Click on the area where you want to add the title, then select the "Insert Point" (the plus icon) to add a new content block.

4. Choose Title Block: In the content block menu, select the "Title" block or any suitable block that allows text input.

5. Enter Title: Once the block is added, click on it to start typing your title.

6. Customize: Use the options available in the block editor to customize the appearance of your title, such as font style, size, color, alignment, etc.

7. Preview and Publish: After adding and customizing your title, preview your changes to ensure they look as expected. Once satisfied, save your changes and publish your site.

Following these steps will help you add a title to your blog landing page in Squarespace 7.0.

If I'm not mistaken, the template I'm using does not allow me to insert any other blocks on the blog page -- it's only populated by the body of the blog itself, the "Insert Point" doesn't appear anywhere in edit mode on that page, but does on others.

I believe the CSS method would be the only way to make it work, but so far we haven't been able to find the right code string to put one header at the top of the blog.

Thanks for trying to help all the same.

Cheers,
Wilson

On 5/12/2024 at 7:41 PM, WilsonTSmith said:

I'm sorry, I followed these instructions but it still seems to insert that text before each blog post, not just once at the top of the page. It's not the end of the world if that's how it has to be, but if there's a way to just get the text to display once at the top of the page that'd be great. Thanks so much for your help!

I tested & it works here, or maybe I misread your question. You can share link to exact page & take a screenshot exact position you want to add + take a screenshot which position you added the code, I will check again

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2024 at 9:15 AM, tuanphan said:

Remove this code from Page Header or Code Injection

image.png.7656e6bcc4acbaff967fc2881529b3eb.png

and add this new code to Website > Website Tools > Custom CSS

body#collection-5ecc68a1e3d0ce7bf222b572 h1.entry-title:before {
    content: "After his sudden passing in May 2013, I’ve been occasionally collecting stories and (re)discovering the dance/theatre work of my father, Henry Clay Smith, and his company Solaris Dance-Theatre. Intermingled are my own stories and reflections on/through grief.";
}

I did as you instructed (remove any code from the page header code injection and instead paste your new code into the website tools/Custom CSS, but it seems the content text is still inserted before each blog post, rather than only before the most recent post, or at the top of the blog page.
If you scroll down on this page you can see that it's still at the top of each blog post

https://wilsontannersmith.com/hcs-iii

Sorry for the delay following up on this! Thanks so much for your help.

On 6/29/2024 at 4:18 PM, WilsonTSmith said:

I did as you instructed (remove any code from the page header code injection and instead paste your new code into the website tools/Custom CSS, but it seems the content text is still inserted before each blog post, rather than only before the most recent post, or at the top of the blog page.
If you scroll down on this page you can see that it's still at the top of each blog post

https://wilsontannersmith.com/hcs-iii

Sorry for the delay following up on this! Thanks so much for your help.

Use this new code

.collection-type-blog.blog-layout-center .article-list:before {
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)