Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Sign in to follow this  
SSsanmateo

How can I change the color of my social icons?

Question

Hello there, I have been trying unsuccessfully to change my Facebook icon to brown, instead of black. My site is leslie-stitzlein.squarespace.com

Looking at the code, I've identified an id=“socialLinks" and a class="social-links”

I have tried the two options below:

#socialLinks {
 color: #8b5555;
}

.social-links {
}

Edited by rhyann

10 answers to this question

The color should be applied to the anchor tag.

.sqs-block-socialaccountlinks-v2 .social-account-list.social-icon-color-black a {
}

I'm a web and mobile developer.

This is what I've just figured out, but you have to put it into the code injection footer section, between style tags, for it to last more than 1 second.

.social-icons-style-knockout.social-icons-color-black .sqs-use--mask {fill: #42afc2;}.social-icons-style-knockout.social-icons-color-black:hover .sqs-svg-icon--wrapper:hover .sqs-use--mask {fill:#42afc2}

This changes the hover color as well, though I haven't been able to figure out the gray hover color in between.

my site: https://helen-skiba.squarespace.com/

Edited by Farmette Helen

@Karin There's 2 places you can inject it. One is under code injection under settings, but you'll have to put the css between style tags The second place you can inject it is the custom css window. If you are still on squarespace 6, you can find it when you preview your site. Just click on the paint brush icon and its at the very bottom of the left panel. On squarespace 7 its under design.

I'm a web and mobile developer.